Razmataz

Order of the Cloud Serpent #2

Developer

Order of the Cloud SerpentrnkCdGE.png

Okay, we're giving this another go!

Overview:
To become a member of the Order of the Cloud Serpent is to learn how to raise a hatchling.
And to consider raising a hatchling, you must be assessed. Are you a suitable rider?
Will you find a suitable hatchling partner?

Like the original events, there will be occasions where you can present yourself before the Elder Anli
who will decide whether or not you will be fit to raise a hatchling. These mischievous devils will turn
out to be quite the handful, and unfortunately being their metaphorical servant is what the Order wants to see.

Simply caring for your hatchling until it grows will be enough, but those who show dedication and want
to prove themselves to the order will find twelve DM hosted events that will expedite your process to
becoming a fully fledged member of the Order.

Upon reaching exalted you will be welcomed into the order and be allowed to participate in the Sky Race,
a bi-monthly event that the winner takes home an Onyx Cloud Serpent.

There are also rumours of other rare Cloud Serpents, such as the Thundering ones on the Isle of Thunder
and the Heavenly ones that have yet to be found except by the luckiest of individuals. Some will be obtainable
right away, and others are still secreted away.

Schedule:

Date Time Details
Monday 15th August 16:00 -> 18:00 BST Choosing The One
Monday 15th August 18:00 BST Honored Quest Event
Monday 15th August 19:00 BST Revered Quest Event
Pending 18:00 BST The Sky Race

Mechanics:
You will not be able to cheat the reputation with .mod rep, as there are various things that will catch you out,
and I will exclude you from the list of any of the special, rare Cloud Serpent mounts.

The schedule for the hosted events will be made available at a later date.
Each one is only done once, so if you want to reach exalted as fast as possible,
you'll want to try and make at least two or three of them - they each give a massive amount of reputation.
They will all be done within 7 weeks, starting 1 week after I begin the Order of the Cloud Serpent events again.

It is possible during these events you do something catastrophically awful. In which case, the Order of the Cloud Serpent will
shun you and you will no longer be able to care for your hatchling. You will not be able to attempt again for quite some time.

Returners:
People who have already started and were passed by Elder Anli will be given the quest to complete when they
arrive at the Arboretum whilst she is assessing people who would like to start raising a hatchling.
They'll find that their hatchling has newly hatched and has been in care under the keepers, waiting diligently for you to return.

Furthermore, people who have obtained special variants of the Cloud Serpents through other events, such as the Sha of Anger or the
defence of the Temple of the Black Ox will be able to retain those special serpents, but will be unable to ride them until they have
proven they can raise a hatchling and become a member of the Order.

Serpents:
Finally, some closure regarding information on the special cloud serpents. They are purely cosmetic. All of them
are in theory obtainable at any point in time (at least, until MoP is over and we move onto WoD) by anyone, with two exceptions.

Variant Source
Jade Reaching Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent
Azure Reaching Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent
Crimson Reaching Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent
Golden Reaching Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent
Onyx Reaching Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent
Thundering Jade Awarded from a rare egg that spawns on the Isle of Thunder.
Thundering Cobalt Reaching exalted with the Kirin Tor Offensive.
Thundering Ruby Reaching exalted with the Sunreaver Onslaught.
Thundering August Awarded from a rare egg that spawns on the Isle of Thunder.
Thundering Onyx Awarded for defeating Lei Shen.
Heavenly Jade Awarded from a rare egg on Pandaria.
Heavenly Azure Awarded from a rare egg on Pandaria.
Heavenly Crimson Awarded from a rare egg on Pandaria.
Heavenly Golden Awarded from a rare egg on Pandaria.
Heavenly Onyx Awarded from a rare egg on Pandaria.
Warmongering Albino Awarded for being victorious against one of the Celestials.
Warmongering Onyx Awarded for defeating Huolon.
Warmongering Ruby Awarded for defeating Garrosh.
Warmongering August Awarded for defeating Ordos.

Quest Tree:
Choosing The One - This quest is given by the person overseeing Elder Anli's questions. Handing it in will enable you to "care" for your Hatchling.
Friendly
Tiny Treats - Delve into a cave west of Windward Isle and collect Tiny Spider Eyes.
Serpent's Scale - Delve into a cave west of Windward Isle and collect Serpent's Scale
Pooped - Clean up your hatchlings litter in the vicinity of the Arboretum.
The Easiest Way To A Serpent's Heart - Pick up a delivery of Tiger's Flank from Halfhill.
Feeding Time - Collect Saltback meat and throw it to the Young Hatchlings.
Sweet as Honey - Collect Honeycombs from the nearby woodland.
Honored
The Seed of Doubt - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
On The Prowl - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Madcap Mayhem - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Needle Me Not - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Dark Huntress - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Slitherscale Suppression - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
The Big Kah-Oona - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Revered
The Trainer's Challenge: Suchi the Sweet - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
The Trainer's Challenge: Qua-Ro Whitebrow - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
The Trainer's Challenge: Ningna Darkwheel - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
The Trainer's Challenge: Ace Longpaw - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
The Trainer's Challenge: Big Bao - Group event to take down a difficult mob. Be present for the event.
Exalted
Riding the Skies - Become a fully fledged member of the Order.
The Sky Race - Be present for the Sky Race event.

Donator

there is a very huge flaw regarding this way of getting a cloud serpent

how do i get one if i role play a frog

Developer
The honored and revered ones will be in any order. The friendly ones are two randomly a day (using the same system as Isle of Thunder)

Donator

Will any of these be on weekends later than midday server time? I mean, so us with jobs in the us can do some of them? So far most are either random events or planned when I am at work.

Donator

Definately seems like this will be a more tedious process then before(aka the one who ran it before), but it is you taking it over so I can't complain.

A lot of the ones who have returned for Runok/Drak's Part 2 though have already interacted with their newly-hatched babies. I can keep being on nest duty if you want that to continue, the old tele list is in Runok's Cloud Serpent thread.

Developer

The events themselves will be staggered, so at least three of them are made accessible to any timezone at some point in time. Some will be on weekends, some on weekdays, in the morning or in the afternoon.

Tedious, yes. You'll be on 'nest duty' for, well, until you hit exalted, with other bits and bobs to do in the mean time.

Donator

Oh alright...

I guess not then.

What about people who already had half of this questline DM'd and already have a hatched egg?

Developer

@Cold: Not your thing? Sorry. This system works well for me (so far) because I have to DM far less for many people.

@Jordy: Could possibly give you a boost of sorts. Will need to talk to Drak & Runok.

Donator

I imagine having partaken in a few would give a boost, it doesn't seem like Raz wants everyone to start all over with a clean slate after all, but the players didn't progress a lot so their lead's just a tiny bit.

Developer
No. If you show up and I see you on the list of someone who participated in the earlier events, I'll complete a quest for you and get things rolling.

Donator

So I can still present the egg I got in the second event and kinda forgot to go to Lanela/Drak to hatch it?

Donator

If you want to RP the miracle of life happening yes, or hit me up in-game and I'll DM the 5-10minute thing for you, or you can just say it hatched off-screen.

Donator

If you want to RP the miracle of life happening yes, or hit me up in-game and I'll DM the 5-10minute thing for you, or you can just say it hatched off-screen.

I was told I could pick colors.

Donator

I was told I could pick colors.

Oh I forgot you weren't there at the end. Yes I can DM that for you later or you pick a colour in the background and just let Raz or me know.

Donator

I meant egg duty in the sense I been putting little nests, with eggs, all around the place as people get their 'official' egg from how Runok and Drak were running it. It's a hatched egg with the baby npc if they are hatched already, and a tele for the owner. If you don't want this to continue, or do it yourself, either is fine! @Raz

Developer
I think we'll be starting Monday next week.

Developer
Schedule has been posted.

Donator

Are the events listed under the Friendly rep all game mechanic ones we can solo or something we'd have to find dms for?

Developer
Friendly ones you can do without any DM input.

Donator

Is there an ETA on when the first Exalted event will be?