Sign in to follow this  
Kresh

Useful Macros

Donator

A quick guide to:

xEGd8Bg.png

by Kresh
(Credit to those who contributed to this)

Here are some useful and fun macros which speed things up and improve the quality of life we have here on Paragon. Some of these you may not have a use for, but it's worth having them all collected in one place together. If you wish to contribute, please post your findings in the comment section and I'll be sure to edit the thread where I see fit. As for this guide, I'll have the macro pasted in a text box and a short description of it's use. To use these macros, copy the exact code within directly to a fresh macro. Any attempt to alter the code may disrupt or break the macro. All macros are ed alphanumerically for ease of use. Please report any broken macros!

Fly & Land:

This can be very useful if you're prone to needing to fly and land a lot. I have these on my action bar as '3' & '4'. Easy to reach at a moments notice.

Fly:

.gm fly on
.mod fly 4
.mod hover on

Land:

.gm fly off
.mod hover off

Increase Chatbox Lines to 9999:

Ever tried to scroll up to find something and found you've lost it? Well not anymore! With this awesome macro, you can store up to 9999 lines of chat at anyone time, meaning you'll be easily able to scroll up. This removes the 25 line limit for your chatbox.

/run ChatFrame1:SetMaxLines(9999)

Note: You'll need Custom Scripts enabled in order to use this. A guide can be found here.

Random Spawn, Scale, and Rotate an Object:

As the name suggests, this macro allows for a random object, which is randomly scaled and rotated to be spawned. You will need to edit the amount of objects added. The scale is between scale 1 and scale 1.5. The rotation is on a 360* single axis.

/run objects={Gobject1,Gobject2,Gobject3,Gobject4,Gobject5,Gobject6,Gobject7};SendChatMessage(".gob add "..objects[math.random(#objects)])
/run SendChatMessage(".ro scale last "..math.random(10, 15)/10)
/run SendChatMessage(".ro degree last "..math.random(0,360))

Note: You'll need Custom Scripts enabled in order to use this. A guide can be found here.

Randomly Rotate Target (1 axis):

As the name suggests, this macro will target and rotate a global object on a singular 360* axis. Useful for building to create variation.

/run SendChatMessage(".ro degree target "..math.random(0,360))

Randomly Rotate Target (All Axis):

As the name suggests, this macro will target and rotate a global object using both pitch and roll. Useful for building to create variation.

/run SendChatMessage(".obj tar",SAY) SendChatMessage(".obj degree target "..(math.random(3600)/10).."",SAY) SendChatMessage(".obj pitch target "..1-((math.random()-0.5)*2).."",SAY) SendChatMessage(".obj roll target "..1-((math.random()-0.5)*2).."",SAY)

Randomly Scale Target:

This macro will target and scale the target object between scale 1 and scale 1.5. Because 10/10 = 1, and 15/10 = 1.5, you can get more decimals by changing them to 100, 150, and deviding by 100.

/run SendChatMessage(".ro scale target "..math.random(10, 15)/10)

Spawn Random Object:

Randomly spawn an object where you stand using this macro. You will need to edit the macro to include the gobjs you wish to have randomised.

/run objects={Gobject1,Gobject2,Gobject3,Gobject4,Gobject5,Gobject6,Gobject7};SendChatMessage(".gob add "..objects[math.random(#objects)])

Sprint & Run:

Very simply, but usefully if you can't be bothered to type out the commands yourself. I always have these macros set to slots '5' and '6' respectively.

Run:

.mod speed 1

Sprint:

.mod speed 2

Toggle Minimap:

Absolutely adore this one. No real reason for it aside from an immersion factor. Click the macro to toggle ON and OFF.

/run local m=MinimapCluster if m:IsShown()then m:Hide()else m:Show()end

Universal Setup Macro:

I named this 'Setup' as a macro, having it located in the very top right of my screen. I enable it every time a log on. It makes things rather useful when RPing as I don't have to fuss over commands.

.cheat power
.cheat cooldown
.cheat casttime
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4
/chatlog
/chatlog
.cheat LOS
.cheat duration
.cheat god
.whohide on

The reason this has /chatlog twice is because I also have it enabled in Elephant, but for peace of minds sake I also want to see it manually enabled every time I log on. You can change this.

Hopefully this helps!
Enjoy!

Donator

How To Enable Custom Scripting:

METHOD #1:
For most of you, this will be turned OFF by default. Therefore attempting to use a 'Custom Script' will prompt a warning in-game asking you if you want to enable 'custom scripting'. You'll need to select ENABLE.

Here is a custom script to run. This extends your chat box to record 9999 lines of chat, allowing you to conveniently scroll UP past  the default 25 lines.

Remember to press 'Enable'.
If for some reason it's been disabled for you and you get no prompt, here's what to do in method #2.

METHOD #2:
Firstly - CLOSE DOWN YOUR PARAGON CLIENT!
You're then going to need to manually enable the setting. Make your way to your Paragon Directory. From there, go to the following:

ParagonDirectory\WTF\Account\<account_number>\

Open the following with a text editing program (Notepad or Notepad++):

config-cache.wtf

Scroll down and find the following line:

SET AllowDangerousScripts "0"

Change the value to '1', so it looks like this:

SET AllowDangerousScripts "1"

If it does not exist, add it to the bottom of the list.