zach

Sons of Uther

Z4MMhzs.png

8egsSbi.png

"The Forsaken have no right to call Lordaeron their home. Stormwind does nothing, Dalaran has gone soft, Kul'Tiras is absent, and Gilneas is in ruins. If no one else will do anything, we will. Uther was the greatest paladin known to mankind, we will carry on in his name. Fuck the dead."

NMS21Ou.png

---

Information

The Sons of Uther is a group of primarily light wielders who fight against the Forsaken in hopes to reclaim their lost home, Lordaeron. Led by Third War veteran and former Knight of the Silver Hand Edward Vythrin, the Sons of Uther have taken up the name of Uther the Lightbringer so that they may avenge him and bring justice to those who have defiled Lordaeron and its surrounding territories. The Sons of Uther officially support and recognize themselves as Alliance, however they take no orders from any military force flying the blue lion. Their primary goal is to drive the Forsaken out of human lands and reclaim them for the Alliance.

---

Races & Classes

The Sons of Uther is, of course, an Alliance guild. While we do accept some neutral races, any typically Horde races are not allowed except in special circumstances (Argent alligned blood elves, for example). All Alliance races are allowed.

Not all of the default 12 classes are allowed, however. For obvious reasons, some are rejected, such as death knights and warlocks. Below is a list of the default 12 classes and whether or not they're allowed.

26px-ClassIcon_deathknight.png?version=eDeath Knight - Not allowed

26px-ClassIcon_demon_hunter.png?version=Demon Hunter - Not allowed

26px-ClassIcon_druid.png?version=b175bad Druid - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_hunter.png?version=84aa1fHunter - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_mage.png?version=3f42ae6dMage - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_monk.png?version=b19959bb Monk - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_paladin.png?version=9ec7c Paladin - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_priest.png?version=7a913a Priest - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_rogue.png?version=3bd0d8aRogue - Case-by-case

26px-ClassIcon_shaman.png?version=fc5d26 Shaman - Allowed

26px-ClassIcon_warlock.png?version=ef30bWarlock - Not allowed

26px-ClassIcon_warrior.png?version=5f5adWarrior - Allowed

Any class not in the default 12 is to be taken on a case-by-case basis. If your character's class isn't specifically one of the above, but they're very similar or a subclass (Warrior vs Duelist or Gladiator), they'll probably be allowed.

---

Ranking Structure

The Sons of Uther are divided into several military and non-combatant ranks. Military ranks are in order of seniority, whereas non-combatants are ine alphabetical. The ranks are listed below:

9ZghDxV.png Military Ranks:

ek2FFK8.png Marshal

TeesKup.png Captain

WtFCYet.png Lieutenant

03jEZ1o.png Sergeant

CyN1hb1.png Knight

mzwSmPc.pngNon-Combatant Ranks:

XYF85dh.png Healer

bmho93K.png Laborer

XlrcgKL.png Quartermaster

Initiate

The initiate rank is the starting rank for anyone not officially inducted into the Sons of Uther, or those who need training. From there you can branch out into either part of the order.

---

Joining

To join, simply find Edward Vythrin in game either ICly or OOCly. ICly, it's possible your character may have heard of the Sons of Uther via word of mouth, advertisement, et cetera. Frorm there, it's all RP!

So if you're fighting the Forsaken as an Alliance group, what's the status of the current truce?

-D

So if you're fighting the Forsaken as an Alliance group, what's the status of the current truce?

-D

They never actively represent the Alliance, there merely citizens of them. Think how the two factions don't go to war every time a human kills an orc. Or, alternatively, think the war between Gilneas and the Forsaken in Legion. None of the other races are at war but those two.

Fuck the dead."

Ohh my

They never actively represent the Alliance, there merely citizens of them.

Your explanation was good but still questionable. I believe you'd still need to fully revoke your citizenship and become an entity seperate from Stormwind/Alliance in order to technically and officially not be recognized as Alliance, but practically still be supported with a distance (or not).

Right now, Sons of Uther are very similiar to Dj's Cogshirts in the sense they're both armed paramilitia kind-of-thing still part of their faction, and so killing Cogshirts or Sons of Uther officially means you're killing Horde/Alliance armed citizens. Whereas if Cogshirts were every other rogue/mercenary organization the Bilgewater/Horde wouldn't care.

I know my examples and way of explaining is bad but I hope it was clear enough this time. Alternatively it could just be chalked up to a regional contained conflict like it is in the Legion example where because of the relative small-scale engagements, distance from the other factions, partisan warfare and such, no one cares to prove they work on direct Alliance orders nor would they likely do (correct me on that one). If sons of Uther were the Taliban in the 80s and the Alliance is USA and Forsaken are Soviets, Soviets know these Taliban are backed up indirectly by the USA but they don't care as long as they are not backed up directly, y'know?

Fuck the dead."

Ohh my

They never actively represent the Alliance, there merely citizens of them.

Your explanation was good but still questionable. I believe you'd still need to fully revoke your citizenship and become an entity seperate from Stormwind/Alliance in order to technically and officially not be recognized as Alliance, but practically still be supported with a distance (or not).

Right now, Sons of Uther are very similiar to Dj's Cogshirts in the sense they're both armed paramilitia kind-of-thing still part of their faction, and so killing Cogshirts or Sons of Uther officially means you're killing Horde/Alliance armed citizens. Whereas if Cogshirts were every other rogue/mercenary organization the Bilgewater/Horde wouldn't care.

I know my examples and way of explaining is bad but I hope it was clear enough this time. Alternatively it could just be chalked up to a regional contained conflict like it is in the Legion example where because of the relative small-scale engagements, distance from the other factions, partisan warfare and such, no one cares to prove they work on direct Alliance orders nor would they likely do (correct me on that one). If sons of Uther were the Taliban in the 80s and the Alliance is USA and Forsaken are Soviets, Soviets know these Taliban are backed up indirectly by the USA but they don't care as long as they are not backed up directly, y'know?

That's kind of how I've envisioned it. Apologies if I wasn't clear. The plan is essentially that they do everything against the Forsaken that the Alliance cant do themselves lest risking war with the Horde. I'd imagine a large number of Alliance citizens, militants, and other folk would be supportive of the Sons of Uther unofficially but, of course, they can never be publicly for them. If necessary, the Sons would be totally fine with the Alliance denouncing them publically, but I highly doubt any Alliance leader would actually try to bring an end to the Sons.

I think they'd be in a sort of vigilante state where they claim they're doing it for the Alliance, but officially their actions are condemned by the Alliance and they're not part of it - as per the truce.

Either way, this is a preddy cool idea. I've been thinking about making a new palalaladin and this could be cool.

I think they'd be in a sort of vigilante state where they claim they're doing it for the Alliance, but officially their actions are condemned by the Alliance and they're not part of it - as per the truce.

Either way, this is a preddy cool idea. I've been thinking about making a new palalaladin and this could be cool.

That certainly works. Nothing is set in stone at the moment, only ideas I have rolling around my mind for several years, only getting around to executing it now.

could sul join this..

depends on if sul wants to steal things from us or not

i wanto join

okay :~)

do you have very cool things..

i am a very cool thing

Can my Forsaken join this?

uh

Seems a bit distasteful to name yourselves after Uther, especially if your hostility is against former (albiet undead) citizens of Lordaeron. However zealot orders are always quite the appealing concept, might end up creating one myself.

Seems a bit distasteful to name yourselves after Uther, especially if your hostility is against former (albiet undead) citizens of Lordaeron. However zealot orders are always quite the appealing concept, might end up creating one myself.

I disagree completely. Arthas was the Prince of Lordaeron and Uther still fought him. Uther was a paladin who stood against undead, not for them just because they were his people in life.

This guild isn't a guild of a zealots per se, they're simply folk who hate the undead and want to reclaim Lordaeron for the Alliance. They aren't going to murder someone because they don't believe in the Light, they're just going to murder them if they're undead and not alligned with the Alliance.

Due to the surprising amount of support and interest, I've gone ahead and updated the thread with the ranking structure and how to join. The Sons of Uther will officially be starting soon!

Because I'm not following the Stormwind ranking structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This concept is great, it made me start on this server.

Sadly it's leader has since been blacklisted...

But hopefully someone could possibly run something similar in the future? I know Frey loves Paladins.

Pretty sure it's public information providing he had a thread made by someone acting as a proxy. If I am not mistaking him with someone else, that is.

Pretty sure it's public information providing he had a thread made by someone acting as a proxy. If I am not mistaking him with someone else, that is.

If you read the thread then you would know he didn't give out the /reasoning./