rogan

Scions of Arathor [On hold]

guild on hold due to memery in northern EK

UTi8WSc.png

Current Leader (PC): Beringer Drakesblood - Militia-Commander of the Scions

Affiliations: Kingdom of Stromgarde, Grand Alliance, Remnants of Lordaeron, Kingdom of Kul Tiras, Remnants of Alterac, Kingdom of Gilneas

Organization: Paramilitary Group

Timeline: 6.x [Current WoD]

___

OOC

The Scions is a military-themed guild which will gradually turn into political/house guild RP (if you can call it that), however the emphasis is carving out a name for ourselves as a notable force in the Eastern Kingdoms. DESPITE the name we are not exclusively restricted to Stromgarde-born soldiers, we are actively looking for auxiliaries (quartermasters, merchants, stoneworkers, anything you can provide to further our cause, we'll take it!) and allies from across the former Seven Kingdoms, be it Tirasians, Gilneans, or even the Alteraci. Our goal is practically in the name; to give humanity back the realm it fought for during the Troll Wars. The realm of Arathor. While the current focus will be on building the guild's reputation and generally establishing ourselves, there'll be a big presence in ALLIANCE VS HORDE conflict, as our nature does make it only logical that we'd be against the Horde.

Our group isn't unfamiliar with zealotry, as those interested are recommended to make characters hailing from the northern kingdoms to better increase the patriotic and devout nature of our cause.

___

IC

"Do you love your country, children of Arathor!? Do you LONG for the day where you can stride through the halls of Lordaeron, of Gilneas, of Boralus and of Alterac once more!? The Scions are searching for able-bodied men and women of the Alliance to serve in the cause against the Forsaken, who see it fit to spread undeath into OUR land, like the Scourge did so long ago! We must not stand for this, and we must fight!" The call was the same, shouted by men garbed in armor bearing the heraldry of their nation, their voices growing hoarse as petitions, contracts, details are signed by the eager to travel north and reclaim the homes they lost to the traitor Arthas, and subsequently the Banshee-Queen Sylvanas. Times are tedious with a war on another world, but if the Horde can attack the soil fought for by heroes like Lordain and Thoradin for their own benefit, then it is time for the Alliance to fight back. Hard. While there was progress made, as Stromgarde sits in the hands of the living, it is debatable as to how long this'll last, and something must be done about the recent plague attacks of the Forsaken on places like Southshore, and the complete silence of Dun Garok. With the Stormpike clan occupied fighting in Alterac Valley, it stands to those willing to fight in this holy cause.

___

Ranks & Roster

1/1 Militia Commander - Holding both historical and practical value, the Militia Commander oversees operations in the Scions, acting as it's military leader in combat and at the negotiation table. The current commander is Beringer Drakesblood

0/3 Officer - [This is more of a placeholder rank, and the IC rank will be listed in PUBLIC NOTES.] Ranging from tacticians to chief quartermasters, the officer staff of the Scions is a valuable asset, and typically travel under guard from their own retinue.

0/x Veteran - The bloodied of the Scions, these are soldiers who have seen battle under their banner, and understand the nature of their purpose.

0/x Auxiliary - Quartermasters, stone workers, farmers, anything goes here, functioning as a support branch and allowing the Scions to work independently should the need arise.

0/x Military - The backbone, the footman, the cavalryman, the sword and shield of the scions proudly bear the uniform and wield the arms forged for the righteous.

To join you simply pledge either in-character (I'll be doing recruitment rounds in Stormwind City) or here, as I'm hoping for at least 5 members prior to us making recruitment exclusively in-game.

Accepted races; Human, Dwarf (any clan), Gnome, High Elf (pls not too many), Half-Breeds (Half-Elf-Human)

Accepted classes; No Death Knights or Demon Hunters, Warlocks will be under close watch.

___

Rules-IC

• Disobeying direct orders from an Officer or the Commander's will result in disciplinary action. This can include forceful removal from the Scions, regardless of the guilty's position in the ranks.
  • Fraternization with the enemy will result in disciplinary action and a cut in pay.
  • Prisoner policy - If one of our own is captured, a trade is priority, especially for those of higher rank.
  • Crimes such as stealing, looting in battle, or murder will result in losing the criminal limb or possibly being put to death. 
  • [Not going to put it here ICly, but ERP is taken to whisper, you fucking weirdo(s)]

Uniform

VYq1s1j.png

Mages, Auxiliaries, and so on can wear their own sets, and officers are recommended to build off the set above. This applies only to infantry. GUILD TABARDS are REQUIRED.

Goals

Arathi Highlands

1. Push the Forsaken out of 'Galen's Fall', and establish a sentry on wall with aid from Stromgarde and the League of Arathor.
  2. Capture Go'Shek Farm from the Forsaken, hopefully liberate any survivors.
  3. Push the Horde into Arathi Basin, and seal the tunnel at Refuge Pointe, establish Hammerfall as a secondary base.
  4. Push the Witherbark and Boulderfist out Arathi - their own territory/main holdfasts will suffice.
  5. Officially declare the Kingdom of Stromgarde with a legitimate heir on the throne (Danath?)

Hillsbrad Foothills

1. Capture Durnholde, thusly creating a base for the Scions to use exclusively.
  2. Defeat the Mudsnout Gnolls at Nethander and learn the fate of Dun Garok.
  3. Secure Eastpoint Tower.
  4. Liberate Southshore and Tarren Mill. Azurelode Mine is considered a bonus.
  5. Establish a temporary human faction in Hillsbrad; Regency of Durnholde

Alterac

1. Capture and secure the ruins of Alterac City.
  2. Aid the Stormpike Clan and gain their support in the campaign.
  3. Defeat the Forsaken forces at Strahnbrad.
  4. Learn of the fate of the Syndicate in Alterac.
  5. Reform Alterac as the Regency of Alterac.

Gilneas - Silverpine

1. Aid the Gilneas Liberation Front in re-capturing the city if at all possible.

Tirisfal Glades [LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE]

1. Liberate Lordaeron City, and reform the Kingdom of Lordaeron.
  2. Rename to the Might of Menethil NO PROLOGUE MEMES HERE HURR DURR

DUE TO THE NATURE OF EASTERN KINGDOMS (FROM WHAT I SAW IC AND OOC) I'll be changing some things on feedback from DMs, players, etc.

___

Oh even the alliance is going to be against those guys heh. Truce with the horde and all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Oh even the alliance is going to be against those guys heh. Truce with the horde and all.

Taking a look at the current Paragon map, the Forsaken is actively doing things in Hillsbrad (being present past Southshore and Tarren Mill) and with Stromgarde STILL being full of LIVING, League of Arathor-aligned infantry it's implied that there is still a conflict. With the fall of Gilneas still being raw on many minds it'd stand to reason that we'd be supported by the people if not by Varian directly. Any action done against the Forsaken's literal gassing of Gilneas, Hillsbrad, and the undeath of Galen Trollbane (No one knows about his betrayal after all) would turn many faces against the treaty, and give us the wiggle room to start our shit.

edit 12:31: also fuck garrosh????

Well yeah, the whole fuck garrosh is why there is a truce now. Well good luck!

This was already discussed at length in the Sons of Uther thread. The Alliance will likely denounce them publicly but privately support the hell out of them. Remember, both factions hate each other still, having a truce doesn't change that.

You mention aims to eventually enter into noble RP, how do you plan to do that if your group becomes excommunicated by your governing faction? Your character application doesn't mention much about the heritage / background of your noble-come-military figure's house, but regardless of this, should one be excommunicated, chances are his house might be, too.

I noticed you also mentioned members will be getting paid, related to the above question - The Alliance would only pay for Lieutenant-Commander Drakesblood's wages, so you'd need to find a way to pay your members. Sure you could use your own wages, however if he were to be excommunicated, his title, rank and wage would be stripped from him, too.  What's your move, champ?

As more of a side note -  I'd highly advise against planning things based on the NPCs spawned in a given area. Often than not, some older areas have been untouched and their current IC status is far different from that which is represented in-game. It may be best to double check with a DM / Staff member on this particular point just in case!

Best of luck in the long run, though!

@Kresh

- The 'turn-to-nobility' RP would openly be produced out of being made legitimate, if we do end up going to renegade path I'd completely be willing converting the guild into an antagonistic force akin to the Scarlet Crusade, I'm not going to shy away from my character FIGHTING for his position, as  the whole purpose of the Scions partially has the intent to break the truce after revealing the literal war crimes the Forsaken has committed (attacking defenseless civilians with a weapon considered heinous enough to nearly end the Forsaken during the battle of the Undercity.) and showing the Alliance that there is a very serious threat in the north.

- Wages will be given through loot, if at all possible. I did mention in my application that he is publicly no longer affiliated with the Alliance, but he'd be supported under the curtains due to how benefical it'd be for the Alliance to garner a reason to bring Stromgarde (and possibly Alterac into the Alliance.)

Thanks for the NPC note, I did look through the zones and I saw the immense amount of Forsaken and Stromic forces (i'd personally question where did all the syndicate, ogre and troll forces go but oh well), and am going to write event applications based around the current situation there.