Sign in to follow this  
Drak

Yo-ho ho, Father Winter ho!

Admin

Credits to "Nocturne" on Discord for the name.

Links to the last two Winter's Veil events: 2016 & 2015, unfortunately I never made a post for 2014.

great_father_winter_by_tamplierpainter_d

94482176_16.png&key=4b1f6882e34bfd0aa3e7

Winter's Veil is finally here.
It only comes but once a year,
And it's a time to spread good cheer
To those we love and hold so dear.

Winter's Veil is a time of glee,
A time when peace and love run free,
A time for those like you and me
To sit beneath the Winter's Veil tree.

Winter's Veil is a time of joy,
A time to sit back and enjoy
The smile on each girl and boy,
As they play with a Winter's Veil toy.

Winter's Veil is a time to share
The passing of another year.
To show loved ones how much we care.

Winter's Veil is a time for song,
A time for us to get along,
To make us feel strong,
Forgive all those who did us wrong.

Winter's Veil time is a time to pray,
Put love and kindness on display,
Show compassion along the way.
Winter's Veil should be every day.

08.png&key=f6cbcd79cf1e24855d241e177d70c

IC Info: Ebesleezer Groodge is back and once more dealt a horrid blow to Great Father Winter! It's not enough to steal the presents for him, not this year, instead Groodge has done something far worse!

OOC Info: Winter's Veil is back and that means Drak's making another Holiday event! Like every event I try to bring a new approach to the season by having players do something other than mindless fighting but this year I wanted to bring some of my favourite parts of previous Winter's Veil events back. I still have new things with a brand new plot! Don't worry it's not all recycling!

Notice: 

• There will be no bloodshed from the NPCs. If Players decide to PvP they'll be seen as helping Ebesleezer Groodge, which is fine, but Father Winter's watching.
  • I have a specific loot system with Winter's Veil events meaning every reward is something personal but rarely what you'd expect.
  • While Undead and other Edgelords are rarely seen as the Festive Types they are allowed to join.
  • Keep in mind if you've been extremely naughty this year, or you're very naughty in the event, you might get Coal.
  • This event theme is fun, meaning you don't hack and slash dragons or pit lords. If you want that please don't join.
  • In the past there have been those who'd rather stand in a corner and look 'cool' instead of helping with silly, fun, tasks. If this happens you will be ported away via Father Winter magix.
  • I'll try to avoid putting a limit on it but please understand if I say "I'm not accepting anymore" it means I can only handle so many players! I'm not Razmataz that can take 60+ people in events.

08.png&key=f6cbcd79cf1e24855d241e177d70c

Day: Wednesday, 26/12/18 

Time: 21:00 GMT+2 -- 13:00 Server Time

Times subject to change depending on real life

I will not be hosting it on 24th or 25th due to Christmas reasons.

Admin
On 12/9/2018 at 3:08 AM, Drak said:

Notice: 

• There will be no bloodshed from the NPCs. If Players decide to PvP they'll be seen as helping Ebesleezer Groodge, which is fine, but Father Winter's watching.
  • I have a specific loot system with Winter's Veil events meaning every reward is something personal but rarely what you'd expect.
  • While Undead and other Edgelords are rarely seen as the Festive Types they are allowed to join.
  • Keep in mind if you've been extremely naughty this year, or you're very naughty in the event, you might get Coal.
  • This event theme is fun, meaning you don't hack and slash dragons or pit lords. If you want that please don't join.
  • In the past there have been those who'd rather stand in a corner and look 'cool' instead of helping with silly, fun, tasks. If this happens you will be ported away via Father Winter magix.
  • I'll try to avoid putting a limit on it but please understand if I say "I'm not accepting anymore" it means I can only handle so many players! I'm not Razmataz that can take 60+ people in events.

Remember I'll be hosting this tomorrow, the 26th, so any who attend remember to leave your axe and arcane tome and bring your holiday spirit. This event is about fun, laughter, and the unexpected. Not about who killed Deathwing or who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Admin

Thank you to everyone who attended. There were lots of snowball fights and Razton defeated Groodge (players helped a little).