Sign in to follow this  
Nathaniel

List of Changes - September 2019

Admin

Hello, Paragon. 

So, as of late, some topics were brought up by the community in the Forums regarding many things, one of them being the future we'll be directing ourselves Lore-wise in the server. Many claim for custom stuff, some claim for adherence to the Lore. We are looking for a balanced setting where everyone, or at least most of the playerbase, will have the fun they're after when they came here. 

A few more tidbits are being reviewed/changed after the Moderation Team Meeting that happened in Wednesday, so read carefully and ask if you don't understand. Non-constructive comments can be kept out and will be removed, mind you.

===========================================================================

The Application System - Military Ranks

Before Blaine left the Moderation Team, he approached us with an idea to remove or diminish restrictions from the first military rank of the many military systems we have in the server. Based on that idea (thank you Blaine!) I have approached the other Moderators with a proposal that passed. So here's how it will work from now on:

Trial Applications require you to RP with people and they come and put up a good word for you in your app. But what happens when you don't find yourself that RP? Due to that, we're removing the Trial Application requirement from the first ranks of each military force that will be listed here, changing it to Miscellaneous Applications.

The item the Players will be applying for is their Junior Officer Commission for their respective Militaries. While the commissions doesn't work the same way in most militaries (like SW and the King's commission) they're still regarded as "Commissoned Officers". 

Example: you RP a character up to Master Sergeant of Stormwind's Army, then you app for your 'commission' as Knight in the Misc. Apps section using the Template that will be developed for this specific purpose. Works the same way for other militaries and/or organizations with relative ranks.

That will be considered a military character's first application. IC progression from lower (NCO) ranks will make it easier since the justification will be stuff you actually did to earn it, but Backstory works just as much although you'll need to write a bit more for us to consider it.

The Miscellaneous process makes it less complicated to quickstart your career as an officer since you can just give us a resumé, get +2 grades and get right into it, and with the incoming expansion full of potential for military RP and the sort, the Moderation Team and I decided that it would help create that RP.

From there on, the Promotion Application Template is the one to be used for. Mind you, in the Misc. App we're still going to expect you to fill the "Justification" part with the Character's backstory, where he was born, what did he do to achieve his ranks or .. which noble family he came from if it is a Human/Worgen.

Along with that change, Military Ranks won't have Trial Applications anymore, only Restricted Applications up to the ones that require Progression. 

Here are the Militaries or factions that may (logically) fall under the 'commission' system that will be under this new stipulation:

Spoiler

The Grand Alliance:

Stormwind Army

♦ SI:7

Alliance Navy

Kul Tiras Navy

Ironforge's Centralized Army

Gnomeregan Corps

Darnassus' Sentinel Sisterhood

Exodar's Order of Vindicators

The Gilneas Liberation Front

The New Horde:

Orgrimmar's Army

Undercity's Army

♦ The Royal Apothecary Society 

Bilgewater Cartel Armed Forces

Darkspear Tribe Warbands

Quel'thalas' Armed Factions

Neutral/Unaffiliated Organizations:

The Argent Crusade

The Kirin Tor

♦ The Silver Covenant 

Credits to Blaine for bringing the initial idea to the Team before he left. 

The Application System - Classes and Races

As said in the last announcement, we would be working on lifting some more stipulations on certain classes and races currently listed in the Lists used by the Community in the Character Applications section. I've gone over a few more of them and brought the case to the Team. The following restrictions have been lifted:

[Free] Keepers of the Grove: these druidic beings rumoured to be the Sons of Cenarius, while relatively powerful in their trade, are protectors of nature and great allies of the Kaldorei. While their druidic abilities can hardly be seconded, there might be mortal Archdruids to surpass them, so powergaming won't be tolerated. Their power is based solely on Nature and controlling it, defending it and healing it. 

What we ask of the Community is that they use common sense and apply it whenever a Player decides to play one of these creatures, because they're seen only where it makes sense to them and if the person is indeed knowledgeable in the area or researched the Race before playing it, they'll know what's their limitations. Failure to follow this simple request will incur in Character Revokal.

Paragon's Economy and Nobility Stipends

Considering some community complaints about the economy system, the rules regarding Passive Income are currently under supervision, so the community might expect a vote soon in case the Team and I decide to change it.

While we're going to be working with the notion of making it less bureaucratic to the point people won't need to play accountant, we'll need you to tell us where did that money came from, and "My business generated it while I was away masturbating" won't do. If the rules regarding income are to be changed, as stated, they'll still require you to give us a solid justification. 

The second point is the Nobility Income. We all know they have a fame of money swingers, so we worked a new system of income for them on specific cases. Thanks to Syth and Blaine's work, and some of Jordy's work too, the system has been developed to determine a noble's passive tax income.

Simply explained: it stipulates how much money a noble gets from taxation in his lands and determines parameters as to how much he can get depending of where his land is and how much prosperity he would have there and the number of citizens that live in their demesne. If the Player in question still wish to work a Passive Income stipend for his business transactions ICly and the business in his demesne through a Contact Moderator thread, he still can and would be appreciated so we know what's what.

The community can expect the new Nobility Income Rules to come out soon, probably in the Guides section of the Forums, so please be patient.

The Future of Paragon's Storytelling

Many people has been wondering how are we going to handle Battle for Azeroth, the newest expansion that proved us Blizzard can be more cringy than back when they launched Warlords of Draenor. Some people claim for full custom, but we don't consider it the best option. What we will be trying to do is work in a way that Players may be more well regarded, expand the A-Z system for more homebrew stuff while still sticking to the Storyline somewhat, and ditching the most cringy parts and leaving the big boy stuff to the actual big boys - meaning, the most badass stuff such as titan killin' and fixing the heart of a world will be done by Lore Characters, while we the Players get to enjoy the more fun stuff: Horde killin', Alliance killin', etc etc.

Those things still need to be fleshed out with the Moderation Team and Event Managers before we say "that's what we'll do" to the Community. It is a slow process that will need planning, but we'll get there. Safe to say, we're not sticking with tooth and nail to Blizzard's storytelling in the next expansion, that's for sure.

The Moderation Team Voting Process

I've been repeatedly listening to people judge and criticize the way Moderators are elected by the community - which is somewhat strange to me givne it is a democratic process that allows the community to appoint the people they think that should enforce the rules of the server and grade applications. Although that's all nice and dandy, some of the community has been complaining it is just another popularity show with Moderators being picked out of their fame with the community and not their possible ability to accomplish their duties - which frankly is exactly what democracy is about nowadays.

But based on those complaints, the Moderation Team and I decided to extend options to the Community in regards of how the election of Moderators should happen, and that's something the community will vote as a new decision will come out of it, so expect a Voting for these changes soon.

The Moderation Team's Shortage Issues

This has been discussed with the Team, and considering I'm also being 'requested' to sort the crisis, we decided to apply a bit of fairness and extend the opportunity for the latest most voted Moderator candidate, which is Joker.

He's going to be granted a Trial and we'll see how things go, so let us all wish him good luck in his Trial.

=======================================================================================

For now, that's about it. We'll continue to work on more improvements and check what can be modified as we go. All we ask from the community is their patience while we're at it.

Kind Regards,

Paragon Moderation Team & Administration.

`

[Free] Keepers of the Grove: these druidic beings rumoured to be the Sons of Cenarius, while relatively powerful in their trade, are protectors of nature and great allies of the Kaldorei. While their druidic abilities can hardly be seconded, there might be mortal Archdruids to surpass them, so powergaming won't be tolerated. Their power is based solely on Nature and controlling it, defending it and healing it. `

This needs to be reworked. 80 percent of the people who applied for Keepers of the Grove in the first place didn't know how to roleplay one, how is making it free going to solve it?

I disagree with the storytelling, So if I got the just right, we’re going to miss most of the end game content for the lore boys to do it? 

Nah that’s a bad move. 

2 hours ago, Dreadmaw said:

I disagree with the storytelling, So if I got the just right, we’re going to miss most of the end game content for the lore boys to do it? 

Nah that’s a bad move. 

Don't read what you want to read. Nothing regarding story is set in stone and we're still looking into this. 

I’d rather scrap the faction war than not do the meat and potatoes of the expansion 
I'm not sure that's a good idea as the war encompasses the whole of the Alliance and Horde.

And while I agree that the Heart stuff be reserved for a lore char, perhaps we'd go on missions to aid them sometimes. Ghuun or whatever its name was is a big enough threat for more than just lore chars. I'd still want to do stormsong and the drust etc but we just cannot make it primarily the war.

We must have a balance between making the WAR the main thing but also not the only thing. Players love to mix their real life ideals into RP and thus why so many PCs talk about hating the faction conflict and being neutral. The hard part will be having any but like 3 to 5 Horde members willing to rp horde or not try to defect.

I look forward to it though. Adrasteia helping Genn and doing the Battle for Darkshore and Tayu progressing into a warmage (or specifically a mage that knows war not a mage with a sword) and fighting for the Alliance because it's her duty. Good shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd still like the option to do End-Game content, however, I'd prefer if player characters took on more of a support role than just, balls deep going ham on Titans. Not keen on setting the precedent of having us all be labeled as Titan Slayers. Not because I think anyone would abuse that, I just don't think it's something that anyone should have by principle. There's a big difference between fighting Deathwing and fighting a Planet.

But yeah, I think most people still wanna be a part of that (correct me if I'm wrong), and their opinion shouldn't be discarded. Just need to meet in the middle.

Not really fussed about the rest of it. Nobody will play Keepers anyway because they're shit. I don't have an IC business or a Noble so whatever. Joker deserved the job all along, so, cool.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

Don't read what you want to read. Nothing regarding story is set in stone and we're still looking into this. 

Ive read it how it was written buddy.

I think content should stay the same. We do the lore. It’s just my opinion on the matter.

1 hour ago, Dreadmaw said:

Ive read it how it was written buddy.

I think content should stay the same. We do the lore. It’s just my opinion on the matter.

We do the lore, yes. Doesn't mean we're going to play through all of it. We've skipped/not done parts of Legion as well - just look at all the Order Hall stuff we didn't end up doing, a lot of side things in the zone also weren't done.

The difference is with BfA it's divided between Alliance VS Horde / Ashvane-Azshara-Zul-bonanza, and as a server a great deal of people don't enjoy the repeated jargon of faction conflict and MoP 2.0

We haven't made any decision on how we're going to proceed yet so until we have there's nothing I can really give you.

please bear in mind dreadmaw that the bfa decisions aren't gonna be finalized for months i wager. if not even started. we're not yet at the nighthold or even tomb of sargy