Sign in to follow this  
Jordy

See you around, Paragon.

Hello there Paragon, It’s your boy Jordy here.

My time has come, and I’m stepping down from the Moderation Team. I’ve got a multitude of reasons, but I feel like I need to clear the air if not for my own sake right now. It feels like this server is stuck in a horrible cycle that has been perpetuating for a good few years now and it’s something that a majority of us have both propagated and been a victim to and I would just like to share my experiences in hopes that they may be able to shine some light on the situation and perhaps this may lead to Paragon fixing itself somehow.

This community seems to have somehow festered into the toxic mess that we see before it. Players on this server as a majority only seem to be bothered about two things. Power, either IC or OOC, and how they’re perceived OOCly, people don’t listen to each other or seem to take into consideration that these players are humans beings with their own thoughts or emotions too, at times I am guilty of this. I’ve been pestering the DM team for months so I can actually have an opportunity to both create and participate in roleplay with my event request but now I realise that this maybe wasn’t the best course of action and I should’ve just kept my mouth shut and let them get on with what they actually wanted to do that is my fault, that is my flaw, I was too persistent and stubborn in getting people to work for me, and I admit that now.

In opposition, I’ve been a victim to it with the very same Roleplay I tried to create. A few months ago, I tried to recreate a guild named the Greygarde, and I noticed Sage has also tried to create a guild with pretty much the same core concept. For a while, I was a little annoyed that this resurfaced while I was trying to get my concept together too but I realised that perhaps I should put that annoyance to the side to try and work something out so our guilds could work together and we wouldn’t ‘cannibalise’ each other by stealing potential members from either side while the community was dwindling. I didn’t expect Sage to accept so readily, but to his credit he was ready and willing to work something out as an officer to the guild I was running. I would’ve perhaps have been able to work something out if he wasn’t as willing but he was fine with it, and later on in the chain of events I wasn’t given the chance unfortunately. Eventually I found out through Sage himself that I wasn’t particularly liked in his old guild and that they would rather I not be in charge at all. This was after he’d left and I poked him about it, figuring that he still wanted to go through with his guild. We had a discussion, I got names from Sage eventually but I won’t name them here because I don’t intend to call out every member of the community here on this post, but I will be more than willing to reach out to you in private now that I’ve got nothing to lose.

At the end of the day, knowing that people see me as that unapproachable was a harsh blow, enough to not even approach me and work out our differences? I was not happy, this was my wakeup call, and given what I know about these situations now, I can’t help but see that my position as a staff member (Or a member of the moderation team, whichever you prefer) in one way or another led these people to hate me. This was not only a wakeup call about my position on the staff team, but a wakeup call about Paragon in general. I realised I cannot fix the biggest issue and that the community must want to fix these problems before I even have a chance.

Unfortunately the current leadership we see on the server also reflects this as well. These people are not going to like what I have to say about them, but both they, and the community need to hear this if we have any chance of fixing it. As they both need to realise their flaws and the community needs to hold them accountable to them.

Nathaniel has gone from potentially the best admin we had, to the most useless in the span of a few months. Unfortunate as it is, because I think that deep down he’s actually a nice dude who intends to do well and probably has a lot on his mind, but unfortunately his work doesn’t really reflect that. Only a few days ago we had a conversation in one of the management chats where we were making changes to a specific ruling because we’ve had roadblocks in the way of getting things done as a team (I’ll be coming back to this later). The community has come to us several times about many situations like this and in the end I wanted to make it so these situations couldn’t happen again. I’ve been forced into many different compromises over the months as a moderator in an effort to try and rectify these problems and only now are those coming to light. Nathaniel may come off as a Admin who allows what the community and moderators wish to push forwards on the surface, but to me, the Forgeborn situation proves otherwise.

Nathaniel is a man who admittedly has his own opinions that he would clearly like to act upon but he does not have the conviction to go with them on the level that most of us would like. During the discussion on this topic in the staff chat, when most of the staff team was fine with the Forgeborn clarification, he was not. That’s fine, that was his own opinion and I told him he was welcome to put his own opinion and a verdict on the thread if he felt that way. It was only when Data Core remarked in the staff chat about how ‘’’disappointed’’’ he was in the staff team as a whole for voting to approve it and how he could not fathom this being a thing on Paragon that Nathaniel decided to act upon the thread and shut it down immediately. Nathaniel is a man with strong opinions deep down but he does not seem to have the willpower to act upon them when he is opposed by the majority of the community but as soon as he has a larger voice behind him, he is more than ready to actually act despite what the community wants. This breeded a minor amount of distrust between the two of us, because I said “I don’t trust you to act on your own opinions without a bigger voice backing you up.” An abridged reply, but that was the sentiment I wanted to get across. I’ll talk about that later though.

Despite this situation being pretty obvious in my eyes, Data Core still refused to admit that he was actually the driving force behind that ultimate decision when it came to the Forgeborn situation, whether he wants to admit it or not. I’m not the only one to have said this I’m sure, but Data Core is another person that I’ve occasionally come to blows with in my time on the staff team and unfortunately with all but the nicest people on the server Data Core has a very abrasive nature that makes him come to blows with people very often, the guy mixes words, turns situation against whoever he’s having a disagreement with and uses appeals to emotion while also dismissing other people’s emotions as ‘unprofessional’ when they do the exact same thing. After this whole Forgeborn situation, he even went as far as to say that he didn’t trust me when it came to dismissing rumours about him, even when I asked him what these supposed rumours where, but this all stemmed from a conversation where Data Core and Nathaniel were under fire because a specific individual mentioned Data Core being a problem in a large rant post (déjà vu) at the time I don’t believe Nathaniel was being puppeteered by Data Core as Data Core said but I could see why people would see it that way, because of how the Forgeborn situation unfolded and how Data Core refused to admit that he actually still has some power over Paragon. I asked him several times to explain why he doesn’t trust me, but I was met with silence every single time bar the first time, in which his response was that he was too busy moderating another Discord server, and that’s fine, but if you have time to argue and vent about your own reputation on a server that you own then you have time to tell one of your moderators why you don’t actually trust them in their position. Truth be told, I don’t think Data Core trusted me to say exactly what he wanted in order to try and clear his name, he was worried that I may come to the exact same conclusion about these past rumours that I did about him ‘puppeteering Nathaniel’ and that I would be able to see flaws in both his conduct and perhaps those around him from the past and that I would not be willing to look past these flaw and kiss his ass, but this is only me assuming, because as I said, he did not speak to me about this mistrust and only let it fester. All in all, I think Data Core also needs to realise that when he is the denominating factor in a series arguments that he may also be a part of the problem and such should call for some introspection.

Moving on, it’s already taken Nathaniel so long to actually act upon one of the largest walls I’ve come up against when on the staff team, and that was Tassarah. Tassarah, has, more times than I could count literally put a stop to Roleplay using their powers as an Event Manager. They have stopped large stories from happening because “Mag’har Orcs don’t come to Azeroth until BFA.”, they’ve attempted to stop characters from being roleplayed at specific times because “Lightforged are first seen on Argus not Azeroth.” (Which the staff team were all okay with) They’ve stopped large scale events half way through because they weren’t happy with Stormwind being invaded and thus they’ve stopped people from creating roleplay when their team was not willing to do so, and I don’t blame the team for this, because it isn’t their responsibility to manage each other it’s the Event Managers job. They would’ve stopped a lot more as well, had Nathaniel actually not decided to do something, but it’s still a shame that it all came to this and wasn’t dealt with sooner. Tassarah has tried several times to moderate roleplay and that is not their function as a manager and it’s unfortunate that they’re also the reason I don’t see Paragon being able to properly break the boundaries of WoW’s Lore, especially coming up to one of its most controversial stints. Judging by ideas I’ve thrown around to the DM team and the moderation team about Argus itself, it doesn’t seem like they’re ever going to want to deviate from WoW’s subscribed narrative and that is a problem that a big portion of the community says we are facing right now. Stale, boring lore content that has little to do with the motivations of any of their character and again, it’s not the teams fault, it’s the source material, it’s no wonder people are no longer invested in Paragon as much as they used to be when lore events were less of a focus, in fact, due to the current community we have, it may seem like lore events have ALWAYS been the focus, because that’s either all they know, or all they went to in the past. People are no longer invested because we’re stagnating and this is a large contributing factor to that, one than this individual would rather we not change, and unfortunately, they have had the authority to tell us no on this several times or just not speak up. That’s not it alone however (I’m coming back from a point in Nathaniel’s critique now) because in this previous conversation we had in a staff/managers chat with Nathaniel and the rest of the team, Tassarah decided to get personal with me, they called me out on pinging the DM team to look at my event request, something that I’m not the only one to be guilty of in the past and present, but somehow that became a focus on the conversation. They seemed to think it was somehow my responsibility to get the DM’s to look at other people events requests, rather than the Event Managers responsibility in the first place. They referred to me as an Inflated Windbag at one point, and even called me a stonewaller, despite the fact I have no direct authority when it comes to what they can and cannot do outside of an application be it misc app or character. In essence, there’s not much for me to stonewall when it comes to them doing their job, ironic that they called me this, because it’s the biggest example of the pot calling the kettle black that I’ve seen on my time on this server, and that’s not even mentioning how they expertly turned the conversation into a targeting session on me for a good two minutes, something that only actually stopped once I stopped responding to them. Tassarah is not guilty of this alone by any means, the rest of the staff team involved are just as guilty (With the exception of Scottie, he was away at the time), but it made me feel really fucking small in that conversation and I didn’t deserve it when the point brought up wasn’t even relevant to the conversation. I was utterly appalled by everyone in that conversation and that was the very last straw, the one that the camel could no longer carry and the one that finally broke its back.

Unfortunately, I don’t feel like the people mentioned above will take this as seriously as I would like them to and I’m likely going to be dismissed and demonised after this and they may even use the information given above to rebuke me as a leaker, but I believe they truly need a moment of introspection and accountability.

I would like to take this chance to highlight some shining stars and good examples that I’ve seen on the server as well, so this post isn’t entirely about the negative atmosphere that permeates Paragon these days.

Sif is honestly one of the most kind hearted and understanding folks that you could ever hope to meet and unfortunately I believe that this previously mentioned negative atmosphere has beaten the poor guy down to within an inch of his life, he’s always been an optimist even when I came to him about my own misgivings on this server and I say this for the sake of both him and the community right now. If you guys don’t buck your ideas up, you will lose this shining star forever and you will never find someone quite like him again.

Scottie has also been another person who’s always had my back when it comes to the Moderation team business, like Sif, he’s listened to me rant and vent in private and he’s actually checked up on me when he’s heard bad things surrounding me. This is an example of how the community should be looking out for each other, not taking these bad rumours at face value and vilifying people for it.

I appreciate all of the people who I’ve ever had a large hand in Roleplaying with, Lucas, Tim, illuSian, Garret, Sindoh, Sprockamite, Nuggie, Acorn, Drez, Denning, Nomit, Scrivenaut, Castus, Parasite, Marky, Shadestar, Sythrivum, Howie, Zeta, pretty much everyone in both The Guild and the Arkanford and people who will never see this post in a million years like Watsiro Sula, Sorel and Fred. Everyone who has ever sat down and roleplayed with me and we’ve had a good time, I appreciate you, because that’s what this is all about at the end of the day, none of this negative bullshit that I spouted, but this good shit and that is what I want this post to encourage. If I want the community to take away one thing from this post I’d like to go back to the start of this post and emphasise that first point. It’s that you guys need to start opening up to each other and learning to take chances with people you’ve never roleplayed with before, you need to lay the power sticks down and start making good stories with decent interactions rather than vying for power in every aspect, Paragon used to feel comfy for me and that was mostly due to the great, amazing and accepting people I surrounded myself with, not the shiny stat sticks. When that’s all you’ve got, Paragon can feel pretty damn lonely, but it’s on you guys to fix that.

It’s been good, see you around.

Donator

God speed, Jordy.

The whole Legend / Greygarde thing was a mess from my end, and I apologize for how it went down.

Donator

What you write about the server specifically, is very much akin to what I wrote back when I left in December and my thoughts are much the same.

I thank you for the kind words, and hope I can continue to have such a reputation.

In any case, I will miss you both as a friend, and as a member of the Moderation team. You were always a joy to roleplay with, and to interact with.

Be well, my friend.

Kind Regards

Scottie

Donator

We'll miss you! And while I'm generally oblivious to drama, I do think something has changed in the server as a whole over the years but I am at an loss as to how to define it.

Still, this server sounds like it has more teen drama than an episode of Degrassi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Donator

I'll miss you jordy ;-;7

Donator
3 minutes ago, Rappa said:

WAIT... paragorn is a role Playing server ?  

Coulda fooled me with these Yelp reviews! 

seriously paragon please other people live here the alarm has been going off for 3 years you gon wake up or nah?

Been seeing posts like this for years. 

Should’ve made Graveman admin.

See you Jordy. Its rare someone sheds light on how toxic either of those chats can be. Good on you there.

Unfortunately though, you just slandered three prolific imams. Blacklisted.

Donator

Jordy, nooo ;-;
Best of luck to you

Thought about being funny, but you deserve a proper goodbye.

Thank you for the fun roleplay. Sorry for the disagreements and difficult positions I've put you in over the years. I don't hold any of them against you. I hope you have fun wherever you go next, and I also hope life treats you better.

Donator

Carry on my wayward son

Donator

i know you've already read this and probably scoffed to yourselves, tass and data core, and probably talked shit in chats where nobody can judge you, but i hope you at least try and take this seriously. swear to christ though if y'all acted the same way you do in those private chats with everyone you'd have been justifiably gone eons ago.

Jordy was one of the last people here that cared about creating a solid narrative for his characters and those who interacted with him, you've literally axed the last of the real ones because you can't get over yourselves.

anyway

2 hours ago, Acorn said:

Carry on my wayward son

Admin

posts like these give me hope for this server. whether i disagree or agree with same is a whole other story, but i can say one thing: this post means people care. i've heard many times of the pessimists bashing and dismissing, but notwithstanding the content, one thing i can conclude is that people care. 

a few months ago, i did not believe change was a-comin'. now i know it is. i feel it boiling. few months ahead look exciting in terms of the changes on this server and i truly hope that people do not simply throw the towel.

as for you, jordy, you'll be back u sexy gandalf. i know you will. i got some enticing rp for you. i made you an offer you can't refuse. the one thing i will say that i stand behind in your statement is the need for optimism. sif is an excellent example of how we should all be here. isn't life a bitch already? why bring it online where we're all trying to relax?

buddy (jordy), you know u got a place with me in all my rps, whether i am bashed for it or not. i'm going to continue pushing narratives forward and i hope you and anyone else who might be discouraged by your post joins me.

have a good break

13 minutes ago, Be Rad said:

i know you've already read this and probably scoffed to yourselves, tass and data core, and probably talked shit in chats where nobody can judge you, but i hope you at least try and take this seriously. swear to christ though if y'all acted the same way you do in those private chats with everyone you'd have been justifiably gone eons ago.

Jordy was one of the last people here that cared about creating a solid narrative for his characters and those who interacted with him, you've literally axed the last of the real ones because you can't get over yourselves.

The thing is... Data Core keeps being brought up over and over again when he has absolutely nothing to contribute. He's not an admin, he's not a moderator. He's a developer and yes, he owns Paragon. Which is something he can't get away from unless the server's new owner has a credit card necessary for the donations.

The misperception that he puppeteers Nathaniel is a bold and unproven accusation. Just like Jordy accusing Data of pulling me ahead because we're RL friends. Despite the fact that the first years we knew each other we didn't exactly met on good terms and Data still tells me clearly enough when and if I'm being an idiot.

As for me? I read the whole thing and suffice to say if that's how he feels about the whole situation that's his issue. I don't need to agree with everything he laid out here. Especially since some of it is twisted, wrong or just his own perception.

Edit: It's no secret that I can't stand Jordy. I've never exactly hidden it. So most of what I think about the whole matter isn't necessary to be put down in a post.

Donator

somehow that's worse than the worst reply i could've dreamed of coming from you

if you believe data core has nothing to contribute you are genuinely delusional and didn't actually read the thread. but it's okay, i didn't expect you guys to learn anything anyways, you are mostly incapable of it

1 minute ago, Be Rad said:

somehow that's worse than the worst reply i could've dreamed of coming from you

if you believe data core has nothing to contribute you are genuinely delusional and didn't actually read the thread. but it's okay, i didn't expect you guys to learn anything anyways, you are mostly incapable of it

This, to me, seems like you already made up your mind before anyone even posted.

I was never here to persuade you or anyone else, however. How I feel in this entire ordeal isn't really relevant. What is relevant is that the entire post is one side of a coin and people seem to enjoy only wanting to look at one half of that coin.

You won't probably believe Data if he decides to post, you definitely won't believe me. You basically immediately jab at both of us and leave no real room for any discussion.

Such a post closes the door on the spot and that's that.

Donator
2 minutes ago, Cydra said:

What is relevant is that the entire post is one side of a coin and people seem to enjoy only wanting to look at one half of that coin.

nah buddy, i've seen pretty much everything i need to. i've seen logs, i've been here for years on years on years- i did pick a side as soon as this was posted, because consistently you find yourself in the wrong. consistently, you exist only to flaunt what little power you think you have and use it over other people to either hinder or completely stop things you just don't like. which is a trend that people hoped would change over the years, with maturity and all that- but it hasn't. so i'm led to the conclusion that it never will.

normally i try and reason with people, tass, i really do. the only thing i want for people here is to start acting like a community for once but with you that bridge can never really come to pass, so yeah. mind's made up. if you and data can't step aside and evaluate things over an eight year span, i have no reason to believe that anything i say will actually reach you. those avenues have also been exhausted, multiple times. don't try and use that argument like it hasn't been done before, it's your fault for never listening. as for Data, the only thing I can really question is why he cares to begin with? He spends, at most, an hour on the server every ten months but also likes to stick his fingers in when he can, or when he sees something he doesn't like- god only knows why he doesn't, because it never affects him and it never will. He likes to claim he has no stakes, but consistently digs them into the dirt. Pick a side, that's all we're asking. Take a page out of Raz's book, who actually can claim he doesn't have anymore stakes in our business.

also lmao, if there's other sides of this coin, why didn't you just show them instead of choking up a mouthful of recycled garbage? we'll all wait.

31 minutes ago, Cydra said:

The misperception that he puppeteers Nathaniel is a bold and unproven accusation

Data likes to say he had nothing to do with the blacklists, and encourages that the admin is in control of these things. That's documented and I could pull it up. 

MWvoTNd.png

exyVzsK.png

Don't leave any corpses in the mall guys

Unban my friends @Data Core

44 minutes ago, Cydra said:

The thing is... Data Core keeps being brought up over and over again when he has absolutely nothing to contribute.

He's had plenty to contribute behind closed doors though plenty about both his own reputation and the state of Roleplay on the server in general. You and me both know that the man actively avoids talking in the Lobby chat in the Discord because he's afraid that people will... I don't know, actually. Call him names? What Data Core thinks will happen is beyond me honestly.

48 minutes ago, Cydra said:

The misperception that he puppeteers Nathaniel is a bold and unproven accusation.

A accusation that I personally never made in this post, although I implied others did. If you actually read the post you'd note how I said Nathaniel had his own opinion, he just clearly didn't have the gall to come forward with it until Data Core blasted that door wide open.

41 minutes ago, Cydra said:

Such a post closes the door on the spot and that's that. 

Maybe if you read the post you'd know that Data Core already closed that door himself and refused to open it. I'm just opening it to let everyone else in now, since he didn't want to deal with our issues like gentlemen.

54 minutes ago, Cydra said:

Just like Jordy accusing Data of pulling me ahead because we're RL friends.

Damn, I didn't even mention that in this post once actually, talk about a guilty conscience. Maybe if you actually read the post you wouldn't make assumptions about my problems with you, assumptions that are clearly moreso based on your own insecurities than anything I've actually said here.

Glad y'all decided against deleting that post, but it wouldn't matter if you kept it gone. The chance for Paragon's redemption arc disappeared when you killed Binky. 

Donator

I left the server with also nearly the same reasons, and alot of that comes from my personal experiences with Nathaniel/Tass. I couldn't agree more with how Paragon turned out. Despite all the drama that'd happened, I have alot of charitable memories roleplaying with you, Missbooks, Viari, Sif, Dreadmaw, Scottie and a whole lot others during my near one year and a half stay. It was sad to see you leave, but you chose not to make the same mistake I did by ghosting out and leaving people in the dark. For that, I'm proud of you and I'm thankful to know you. If you wanna hang out or just wanna chat, feel free to add me in discord (Maytree#8217

Cheers, Jordy.

I honestly hope every is and will be safe and alright.

9 hours ago, Yoker said:

The chance for Paragon's redemption arc disappeared when you killed Binky

marky killed binky both times tho