Nathaniel

Administration Changes

Admin

Hello there, Paragon.

The current state of the Community is worriesome and all of us can recognize it -- wheter it be because of general human behaviour, or because of how things happen for a long time. The process is clearly becoming obsolete and the way Blizzard is taking their story and their game ain't making our situation any easier. Coupled with that, we have a bunch of internal problems that, as everyone can see on recent announcements, the Moderation Team is doing their best with what they have to make the experience our server provides to be less damaging and more enjoyable.

Thinking on that, we have discussed all of those situations, recent events and old ones that happened in the community. That discussion culminated in a decision to hopefully make things clear to the Community once and for all.

Those decisions are described as follows: 

_ the rank of Owner is now officially being removed. All authority over the decisions related to the Community and the server rests in the hands of the Administration while being advised by the Moderation Team from now on.

_ the current Paragon Owners are now retreating from any and all authority related to the direction of the server and its Rules and will focus solely on the role of Developer in charge of technical maintenance and improvements to our server and its communication vehicles (Forums & Discord) so that our experience can be possibly improved. 

_ownership of the server Discord is being transferred to the Administration. The Developers are still going to work on the Discord server in case their skills are necessary to ensure it works properly.

With those changes, we hope to bring more clarity to the Community on how and who is responsible for the direction of the server. The Moderation Team and Administration can be consulted in case there are any doubts. The Developer rank is now solely focused on tech stuff, so if you're having problems ingame or in our communication vehicles that may require tech support, the Developers will be solely dedicated to those functions from now on.

We'd like to thank the Community in advance for their cooperation through this process of change. 

Kind Regards,

Paragon Administration & Moderation Team.  

I'm sure someone is celebrating, but I find it sad things were taken to these extremes.

One thing is for sure. Can't really claim the team's not listening to the people, because that's some extreme measures being taken. No more grumpy Datacore to stomp all over your youthful optimism.

As for Raz, he probably doesn't mind, lol.

Wasn't this already the case? Could've sworn I've seen this before.

either way, desire to change is good.

So how is the administration chosen? Or does the current administrator and de-facto owner pass on the torch when the time is up? Also, when is the time up?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jordzzi said:

So how is the administration chosen? Or does the current administrator and de-facto owner pass on the torch when the time is up? Also, when is the time up?

Pretty much how its always been I imagine, either nepotism or some kind of community vote from whoever's currently a moderator. 

1 hour ago, Be Rad said:

Wasn't this already the case? Could've sworn I've seen this before.

There was an announcement like this in the past, yeah. 

Even though Data Core is no longer an Admin on Paragon he, like Razmataz, is still an Owner. 
Owners still get to see what happens with the Moderators and any big changes an Admin wants to bring has to go through the Owners first.

I imagine this is the part that's changing.

There's nothing extreme about wanting to know, for certain, who's responsible for certain changes at the top level. Data could've stayed an admin honestly, it's more about owning up to the title and not being in some limbo in-between. 

To follow up on this, I think down the road we should consider enlisting another admin. Maybe we can have up to three, if we want a swing vote. But before doing anything rash, maybe its worth considering fleshing out the role to help answer some of the questions Jordi asked.

One thing at a time though there's clearly a lot you guys are already trying to experiment with, just throwing it out there. 

Can admins still be petitioned? I remember there was an option to go through @Data Core, or @Razmataz in the past. Granted, its extremely rare and the one time I remember it being tried it was more or less rejected, but for the sake of brevity, I think it's worth asking. 

Can admins still be petitioned? I remember there was an option to go through [mention=1]Data Core[/mention], or [mention=11304]Razmataz[/mention] in the past. Granted, its extremely rare and the one time I remember it being tried it was more or less rejected, but for the sake of brevity, I think it's worth asking. 
This and a blunt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk