Sign in to follow this  
Razmataz

Server Changelog [801-5b]

Developer

This update will bring us to 801-5 which rolls out a few QoL features for DMing.

Features

Starting off with a variety of QoL requests made by Syth:

• Go CreatureWorld: Using .go creatureworld $guid teleports you to the actual world position of the selected / given NPC GUID as opposed to where it is spawned.
  • NPC Formation Rel: A modified version of .npc formation add/here, .npc formation rel $guid adds the targeted NPC to the formation with the given elader GUID using the selected NPCs position relative to the leader.
  • NPC Formation "Last": When using .npc formation commands, the alias "last" can be used in lieu of the leader NPC GUID, i.e. .npc formation rel last. This alias is updated whever you use a .npc formation add command to the leader of that formation.
  • NPC Target: The command .npc target now supports you specifying an argument - either a guid / creature link or last to refer to the last NPC you spawned.
  • NPC Add There: You can now use the Artillery Strike spell to specify a location that when using .npc add $entry there will spawn the NPC at the designated location rather than under yourself.

Next up is a command suite used to manipulate NPCs, displayids & custom outfits from inside the game. These commands will be given out selectively.

• NPC Displays List: .npc display list will display a list of all the potential displayids a creature entry can have, including the weight (likelihood of it being used) and scale of it
  • NPC Displays Add: .npc displayid add $display $scale $weight will add a new displayid (with the given scale and given weight if they are specified) to the creature. This will take effect for all future creature spawns & de/reload of existing spawns.
  • NPC Displays Scale: .npc displayid scale $display $scale will set the scale of a given displayid. If the displayid is used multiple times, all their scales are modified (so you will need to use .npc displays add $display $scale to be more specific)
  • NPC Displays Weight: .npc displayid weight $display $weight will set the chance of a given displayid being used. If the displayid is used multiple times, all their weights are modified (so you will need to use .npc displays add $display $scale $weight to be more specific)
  • NPC Displays Remove: .outfit displayid remove $display will remove all given displayids from the creature, regardless of weight & scale.
  • Outfit DisplayID: Ideally, when using .outfit displayid $name you will generate a copy of the named outfit but for NPCs to use. If no $name is given, use your active outfit.

We also have two commands added to the gameobject series:

• Object Anim: Sets the specified gameobject to constantly be in the anim state given when you use .object anim $guid $anim. The animation is found on wow-tools/mv in the bottom right of the online model viewer.
  • Object Spell: Applies the effect associated with the given spell when you use .object spell $guid $spell, where $guid can be target, etc and $spell can be a spell link.

& last but not least

• Lightforged Draenei: There are no longer restrictions associated with creating a lightforged draenei.

Hotfixes

Following an update we may need to apply additional quick changes or fixes. We'll update this section if these are applied.

• [801-5a]: GOB Anim: Fix issues associated with .gob anim preventing objects from being interacted with.
  • [801-5a]: GOB Anim: Fix crash associated with .gob anim missing parameters
  • [801-5b]: GOB Schematic: Fix issues associated with gobject scales when spawning a schematic.
  • [801-5b]: NPC Add: NPCs now inherit player orientation as expected
  • [801-5b]: GO CreatureWorld: No longer phases the player.

Donator

Ooh, neato. Good work, Raz!

Donator

thankie raz

will make moar DM macaroni in response to this at my earliest convenience

the other stuff is also very cool

Donator

Finally got to put in some time to testing this stuff out. I've got feedback for one of these.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, Razmataz said:

NPC Add There: You can now use the Artillery Strike spell to specify a location that when using .npc add $entry there will spawn the NPC at the designated location rather than under yourself.

It works, but fails in one regard: It does not spawn the NPC facing the same direction you are. It seems to spawn it facing some default direction.

I'll post more feedback as I start playing around with these some more.

Donator
Finally got to put in some time to testing this stuff out. I've got feedback for one of these.

It works, but fails in one regard: It does not spawn the NPC facing the same direction you are. It seems to spawn it facing some default direction.

I'll post more feedback as I start playing around with these some more.
Maybe it reacts like the Pet move to spell, where it moves and thus faces the pet in the direction you move the targeting circle? I could see blizz reuse the functionality from pets for artillery strike spells.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Donator
On 9/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, Razmataz said:

Go CreatureWorld: Using .go creatureworld $guid teleports you to the actual world position of the selected / given NPC GUID as opposed to where it is spawned.

Discovered a bug with this, too. It doesn't teleport you to the phase the creature is in, but to the mainphase. If an NPC is in phase 1000, it takes me to their location, but sends me to phase 0 in the process.