Sign in to follow this  
Razmataz

Server Update Log

While the new commands seem really cool, I've noticed an excessive amount of DCing between myself and my roleplaying partners throughout today after the patch was added. While many of my own DCs were due to my shitty ISP, I think there may be something causing excessive DCing in the new core revision.

Donator

For now I shall only await you to change your avatar in the name of the Emperor.

Developer

Hello there,

While the new commands seem really cool, I've noticed an excessive amount of DCing between myself and my roleplaying partners throughout today after the patch was added. While many of my own DCs were due to my shitty ISP, I think there may be something causing excessive DCing in the new core revision.

This is a known issue and not caused by our server on itself.

Our hosting provider gets DDoSed from time to time, quite a lot actually, and if it gets too much they install filters and null-route their servers. What this null-route does is disconnect every player quickly without actually killing the server.

Ever since we went into the year 2015 this has become more of an issue at certain times and our hosting provider is still working out things to get this all sorted due to the recent attacks on their services.

TL;DR It's not you or us, it's our hosting provider and we'll have to live with it for now.

For now I shall only await you to change your avatar in the name of the Emperor.

I need to figure out a good avatar first, probably gotta make one myself.. But I kinda like my current one though!

Kind regards,

Data Core

Donator

Ah yes, an update for the DM's... -Pending update the affects players.-

Jk, but seriously, I'm sure the DM's will do some great things with these new commands, can't wait to see some upcoming events!

Developer
Big news. Our latest update is 434-15 to 612-1. This includes:
  • Warlords of Draenor

Developer

Our first WoD update! 612-1 to 612-2. This includes:

• Guild Tabards: We've had a good 'talk' with our Tabard Designers. They've agreed to finally stop trolling our players and to stop randomizing tabards after changing. They should be fully corrected now. (No Tabard Designers were harmed during the fixing of this bug.)
  • Proficiencies: Mages can now equip mail, paladins can equip staves, etc.. Equip whatever you want, nobody's going to judge you for it. (Okay, maybe some people will.)
  • !mod mount: This will no longer crash you nor the server.
  • !acc online: This command has been changed a bit, should no longer crash the server and output some decent info. This is a command that the general public doesn't have access too as it contains account-sensitive information.
  • Ranged Weapons: Should now properly equip on Hunters and other characters. Fake Shot also works on them now.
  • 5 million sheath: Items that use the 5###### sheath type are now properly invisible again instead of showing up.
  • Teleport Phasing: !tele now properly phases you if you use it in the same map as the teleport is located.
  • Object Phasing: !object set phase now properly phases objects into the correct ID, and can use target, last and recent again.
  • Object Activating: Changes have been made to allow activate to refer to last, target and recent
  • !go creature/object: Now takes phases in account again.
  • !go degree: Re-added to the !go family, welcome back!
  • !go alltarget: A new command using the current version of target: Target an object on any phase. Notably you cannot delete or modify the object in the other phase, so this acts as a good 'limiter' to macro spamming your .obj target macros
  • !go target: Modified to only target objects in your current phase.
  • !bnet password: Players can once again change their own password. ("!help bnet password" if you do not understand how the command works.)
  • !item add Restrictions: Spotted an item that crashes your client or the server on use? Inform one of the developers about the item and we can restrict them from being added and causing more trouble.

Update will be in less than an hour from the publishing of this changelog.

Kind regards,
Data Core

Developer

What about the mysterious 132 error?

Client-side bugs.

Nothing related to the server so doesn't belong in "Server" Update Log.

Kind regards,

Data Core

Donator

Great update!

Developer

Another WoD update, this one mainly focussed on crash fixes! 612-2 to 612-3. This includes:

• Possess: !possess and !unpossess should work a bit more solid. If you are still rooted in place then run the two commands and you should be golden again. Relogs should no longer be needed.
  • Weather: We've expanded our weather system to be more like our 434 counterpart. Weather effects like blood rain (200) have been re-added, and theres more to come when the 6.1.2 DBC is looked at.
  • Gameobject Commands: All gameobject-related commands have had changes to them to stop them from crashing the server when no parameters were supplied.
  • Gameobject Orientation: Some fixes were made to changing the orientation not applying, this should no longer happen.
  • Gameobject Phasing: All commands should now properly take the phase in account and no longer port the given object back to phase 0.
  • Gun Sheaths: Guns, like bows in the previous patch, will now be sheathed in the main hand instead of being in an invisible slot.
  • NPC Text: Yes, NPC's that usually say/yell text (think the bread salesman in Stormwind) will now actually say/yell them. We're not sure if we're going to keep this or not, but it brings the sceneries alive, so!
  • Yosemite 'Fix': We've applied a Trinity Core fix that should fix some issues in regards to the Mac OS X users running 'Yosemite'. If you're running this version and want to test connecting to Paragon then feel free to contact Razmataz.
  • Untargetable NPCs: This should mostly be resolved, do let the devs know if you still find more of them.

Kind regards,
Data Core

Donator

tiny tiny update really. none the less, good work.

Tiny? Really?

I gave up on building for the past few days just because it was incredibly tedious and heartbreaking to find the interior I was working, along with the PREVIOUS ones I completed ALL getting messed up because of a single crash.

That means for every crash, I had to not only fix the interior I may have spent around an hour on for one section, but also go back to fix missing chairs, turned tables, and a BUNCH of different phased objects because they were being shoved into the main phase or just buggy in one way or another -- combine that with all the other interiors I finished, and possibly every other builder.

And you call this TINY? 

Tiny? Really?

I gave up on building for the past few days just because it was incredibly tedious and heartbreaking to find the interior I was working, along with the PREVIOUS ones I completed ALL getting messed up because of a single crash.

That means for every crash, I had to not only fix the interior I may have spent around an hour on for one section, but also go back to fix missing chairs, turned tables, and a BUNCH of different phased objects because they were being shoved into the main phase or just buggy in one way or another -- combine that with all the other interiors I finished, and possibly every other builder.

And you call this TINY? 

Like everyone is a builder.

Donator

He has no understanding of basic programming, it's OK

Tiny? Really?

And you call this TINY?

A tiny fix for a tiny frog.

Developer
Whilst Data is working on a different branch of code when he can, I've compiled an update taking us from 612-4 to 612-5. This includes:
  • Obj AllNear: Using this command no longer crashes the server.
  • Obj Activate: This command can accept $guid arguments once again.
  • Obj Info: This command has been modified to accept 'last, target, recent' or $guid arguments, rather than selecting the nearest object to get information about.
  • Artillery Strike: This spell, ID 160299, provides you with an AoE reticule which you can cast onto the world. When you cast it, the target locations x, y and z position is saved and is used for various commands or additions to commands that are elaborated below. The damage is a side effect we're in the process of removing we seem to have removed.
  • ComeToMe Walk: DMs can now make NPCs walk rather than run with .cometome walk. Any argument other than walk will make them run.
  • GoToThere: Gotothere is a new command that is .cometome repurposed to use the Artillery Strike target region. You'll find that if a command mentions 'there' it uses the Artillery Strike reticule. You can see a demonstration here
  • TurnToMe: Face to me turns the target NPC to you. You can see a demonstration of it, as well as the other turn commands, here
  • TurnLikeMe: Face to me turns the target NPC to the direction you're facing. You can see a demonstration of it, as well as the other turn commands, here
  • TurnToThere: Face to me turns the target NPC to the targeted location pinpointed by Artillery Strike. You can see a demonstration of it, as well as the other turn commands, here
  • Sit: A very simple command that bumps you down 0.5 yards and sits you as though you were in a chair. This means that you don't have to type .anim 415 each time you use a /say or another emote.
  • Event System: A DM system that is still being worked on. It allows DMs to use your health pool's percentage to indicate what kind of health your character is in during an event. More details will come after it gets a trial run.
I'm still on the lookout for other crashes, and interestingly enough crashes are in high intensity during events. Begs the question as to what is causing it, though. Our server doesn't give a proper error message, it just blanks out and restarts (quickly, fortunately). TRP remains a mystery, although I plan on doing some Lua tests soon.