Coffee

Dunes of Uldum

Outcome of Event:

+ The group managed to get out of quicksand without dying.

+ The group dealt with a hyena pack.

+ The group successfully managed to deal with an obstacle of a minefield in their way.

+ Alinar's healing once more helped the group greatly.

+ Isabel's patterns saved Eleanor from suffocating.

+ The group has reached Uldum and is camping in an area which has food and water. Not much of the journey remains.

- Severe ear damage due to explosions.

- Shrapnel and bite wounds.

- The local wildlife around the oasis'es is somewhat dangerous.

Final verdict: Almost there.

Players can continiue on 24th of July, 20:00 GMT+1 or at any time before that given they can gather through RP in the camp and decide to move on.

Can we not do it on the 24th, as like I am busy as heeeeeeeeeeell on that day cuz its my burfday. Day after or day before kthnx <3

It's not the finale most definetly, it's taking people longer than I thought to just finish -part 1-.

On a side note I don't know to which date to move the event. I can easily hop on this Saturday/Sunday and get this over with, assuming the rest of you show up. Or we can move it to next Saturday.

Outcome of Event:

+ The group reached the tomb after some serious injuries and managed to work past all the traps.

+ Domm found a skeleton with a 20 silver coin pouch.

+ They disposed of the dune worm and rescued two goblins at the same time.

+ Alinar's healing proves to be of infinite worth to the group once again.

+ Alinar killed the mindhive.

+ Tyronne got a brand new Tol'vir axe.

+ Group recieves 50 silver for their efforts individually, thirty more for who ever brings the expedition to the tomb.

- Svein died.

- The group is suffering a severe headache from psyonic emmisions by the local mindhive whom's agenda seems unknown for now and it is highly unlikely it will be known at all.

- Domms skin suffered due to neurotoxic poison.

- Avi and Eleanor had been impaled on spikes and poisoned after which they were healed. Eleanor dying and being quite frankly revived on the spot by Alinar.

- Severe exhaustion and lack of rest, the dicovery of the tomb was not only mind straining but physically straining as well.

Final verdict: PART ONE COMPLETE

Players can continiue whenever I think of(design) part two in greater detail as you've seen part one took several parts to finish. I've been known to come up with things on the spot and just go with them. So we'll see.

The liberated area around the tomb is being settled by the expedition, various races have come to help the effort. Traders, archeologists and mercenaries crowd the area looking for work. Various items have been retrived, the overseer of the expedition promises some of those will be shared with the veterans of the expedition or they may pick one of the wares which the expedition offers.

Understanding the table of participants:

- A plus next to your name means you've preformed extra-ordinary and will be most likely rewarded for it.

- If someone's name is crossed on the list they died.

- A minus next to your name means you've done something shameful and harmed the groups progress.

- A purple 'I' means you've been injured severely many times and will be recognized for it.

- A yellow exclamation mark next to your name means you're in possession of a quest item or a possible side quest item.

Veterans of the Expedition(participated in part one at least two times)[tableb]

Alinar + !Eleanor IJarreth + !BaileTyronne + I

[/tableb]

The Expedition's Payroll (you've been noted but you aren't veterans)[tableb]

Huto + IThalwyr + IAviDomm IVinekh -SharifLorelaiDamurakKaragis -IsabelSveinKharhaz

[/tableb]

Some OOC Notes:

So this is the end of part one of Dunes of Uldum, which was split into pieces of four given I did not forsee how big I'd make this event. It had been going for the course of past four weeks and will last for a long time to come. It will be a while until I can come up with part two, I'm a perfectionist in nature and anything I really do has to sound good to me otherwise it'll never get done.

Now the actual entering the tomb part of the event series will be difficult to manage, I'll have to utilize several locations as I have so far within part one. The problem being we might not have as many checkpoints or random ecounters.

When it comes to your rewards I first have to design them and run them through with the DM managers, after which I'll somehow come up with a story about the item or have you somehow get it through the event series with of course a degree of traps and danger as I've done so far. Now to be fair, some people carved a path to the tomb it self and those people stand to gain more than those who'll hop onto part two and expect shinies for just being there. Those who participated in part one of the event series will naturally get better things or simply more than those who will join in the future, hence veterans.

Further more I'd like to say I'm very pleased with those who have participated, they've shown extreme responsibility for their characters and accepted that their characters are in danger and that sometimes there's really no way out of a situation. I've enjoyed watching you all pause to actually think how to get around a certain situation and seeing people take innitiative actually gives me a certain satisfaction.

People actually never complained to me which is again a good thing, given this event was presented as dangerous with a high death rate. Quite frankly if it were not for Alinar a lot of the people on the list would be dead right now. Which reminds me, if you aren't on the list make sure to post and remind me to put you up on it.

Another reminder is that you can loot NPCs in my event. Make sure to whisper me first. A lot of people seemed to be devoid of that as it appears not many want them to loot the NPCs within their own events. Interacting with your enviroment is key at least when it comes to my own event series so I suppose I had to throw that out there.

As a final note I thank all those who participated and the fact they've confirmed I gave them a constant feeling of danger, it means I've acomplished what I wanted with these events and I hope to see you all in part 2!

I'd like to apologize for the lack of part two already however I'd like to post a brief update on what has been going on. My GPU finally gave out and died which kind of isolated me from my PC where I had all the plans and event details as well as item rewards for the people who were planned to get them. Until I get a new GPU I'm afraid I won't be able to do much. Further more I'm really, really, sorry for the delay but there's nothing I can do at this point as I'm not very financially secured per say to the point I can go dish out some cash and replace the said GPU.

Given university fees are just behind the corner I'm stuck on a laptop to which I feel very uncomfortable DMing or doing things in general. I hope you can all be patient and await until I'm 'fully recovered' meaning I get a new GPU. I promise that once I have it all fixed you can expect the event to continiue. Hopefully that one side quest too.

I've been also attending summer school so I had to do exams and study as well which further constrained me from commiting.

So' date=' rewards?

[/quote']

They're sadly on the PC on a notepad I can't retrive them until I get a new GPU to stuff into my PC.

Rewards:

After the campaign as promised the adventurers who braved the finding of the tomb, pulled through. While the monetary rewards were given, the first few recoveries of the expedition ended up being directed towards one of the more recognized adventurers and if such was not to be had... The leaders of the expedition who were mostly goblins would procure interesting gadgets for certain people, but not only that. Left-over items from previous expeditions were handed out too.

Alinar : Mystic's Bulwark

Description: A relatively large shield of reinforced steel and oakwood, covered with runic markings on it's front.

Effects:

1. Upon activation, the front of the shield produces a wave of kinetic force through imbued magical means. A push of sort which is strong enough to repel an attack or send a nearby opponent back.

2. Upon activation, the shield obtains a sleek magical layer of arcane nature over it's front, gaining the ability to reflect magical attacks.

3. Upon activation, for the next two minutes the shield becomes light as a feather for it's user, while retaining it's weight, allowing for more mobility.

All spells have a cooldown of one day.

Item model: Bulwark of the Royal Guard

Eleanor: R 66 MK II

Description: The rifle seems of strictly goblin design. The very look of it inspires such. Bland dark materials with barely any decoration to it. Even so one can easily notice the large refined barrel, the advanced scope and the built in bi-pod.

This easily seems a sniper rifle and while it is such the large caliber of the gun's bullet would make you think it's a cannon. This rifle is made strictly for long range and suffers at short as the user has to be stationary to be effective. In a standing stance the rifle can hurt the user from the loud and powerful knock-back. Firing this rifle is best done while prone. The bullets for the rifle are of course expensive however through reverse engineering of the bullet one can discover their schematics.

The bullet is capable of penetrating hard plate and if it is an advanced material the wearer will be sent back from the mere kinetic force of said bullet. Possibly knocking air out of foes or shattering bones.

Effects: Firing too often can cause the barrel to melt or the rifle to entierly fall apart. Even though the materials are top notch the large caliber can cause such. The muzzle flash is more than obvious but with a little bit of extra engineering an attachment can be added on top of the barrel to hide such.

The bi-pod can be switched for other addons such as a bayonet.

Item model: It's difficult to find a model for the described rifle. This one I leave to you Vlad.

Jarreth: Prophet's Tooth Necklace

Description: An unusual necklace of tauren teeth, all marked with etchings, which glow in a faint golden color when exposed to sunlight, thus hardly noticeable. For those familiar with tauren deities and their language, the artifact can be related to An'she.

Effects:

Specifically when in dire and life-threatening situations, the user has the ability to gain insight and predict an attack. For the necklace to be functional, the user must be exposed to daylight. Cannot function in the hands of undead and demon. Can only function when the user is facing someone in direct combat.

After usage the necklace can not be activated for the next five days.

Item model: N/A

Tyronne: Bindings of Northern Braves:

Description: Two large steel bracers of vrykul make, ornamented with bronze engravings in the form of knotted lines, as northern style dictates.

Effects: Upon activation the user grows in size and strength, becoming as formidable as a Vrykul himself would. Lasts a minute and a half.

After usage the bracers can not be activated for the next two days.

Item model: Ymirjar Lord's Handguards

Baile: Tempest Staff

Description: A staff of elven make, which seems rather valuable and possibly even a masterwork, not because of it's power but because of it's majestic and fine looks. It's length is decorated with leathers, iron ornaments, leaves, and an orb resting at it's top.

Effects: While it may serve as a potent staff for any caster with the increased mana regeneration not to mention the magical properties of the staff, it's true purpose is sealed within the eerie azure crystal at it's top. For those familiar with the use of arcane in order to manipulate the nature, the staff allows for more effective manipulation over the wind element.

The staff features one spell socket.

Item model: Dreambinder

...STANDBY: DUNES PART 2 IS COMING...

A builder is needed to make the expedition area in front of the tomb which will be used as a starting point for the event. Players will be returned to this area after every part of the event series to rest and replenish their supplies as well as health and mana.

... Dunes of Uldum: Part 2 ...

WoWScrnShot_091614_155104_zpse2b3c675.jpg

The incompetent expedition leader has been fired. His deadline was never reached and the payment made to the adventurers was by a newly elected leader. This one was far more organized and had the same amount of resources given by his superiors. Whatever became of the previous one is unknown. But that's not important right now, the important thing is...

The tomb was found.

The expedition did not waste any time and the general area was rather quickly occupied. Guards, traders, archaeologists and engineers. All that remained is the very volunteers who would dare enter the tomb. The promises of gold, treasure and artifacts within the tomb was very tempting. Many have come but not many seem very determined on entering. The closed gate of the tomb stands and it does not budge, not yet. One of the veterans holds the key and all await him to come and be the first to unlock this tomb. All await to see what waits in store for them all. Is it the treasure they expected? Or is it death wrapped in a series of decorations and packages otherwise known as traps, snakes, scarabs and other?

There is no telling as no one knows, but surely the path here was more than deadly it would be wise not to take the trek into the tomb lightly.

Adventurers are encouraged to make use of some of the general locations within the expedition area. Traders of all sorts have come and set up shop. The adventurers coming through surely give them a profit, but meanwhile the things bought there increase the chance of surviving within the desert, inside the tomb or the general area. From food to potions, from weapons to armor. Enchants, scrolls and other. There's no telling what one can buy here. A detailed inspection would be good. Watch out for shifty traders.

The expedition area features:

- Traders - Restock & Ressuply.

- Tavern - Rest, Relax & Keep an ear out for the latest rumor.

- Expedition command - Get your mission objectives and debate strategy.

- Storage - Maybe the expedition leader might give you something, who knows.

- General excavation area - This is where you are.

Current Statistics:

Understanding the table of participants:

- A plus next to your name means you've preformed extra-ordinary and will be most likely rewarded for it.

- If someone's name is crossed on the list they died.

- A minus next to your name means you've done something shameful and harmed the groups progress.

- A purple 'I' means you've been injured severely many times and will be recognized for it.

- A yellow exclamation mark next to your name means you're in possession of a quest item or a possible side quest item.

Veterans of the Expedition(participated in part one at least two times)[tableb]

Alinar + !Eleanor IJarreth + !BaileTyronne + I

[/tableb]

The Expedition's Payroll (you've been noted but you aren't veterans)[tableb]

Huto + IThalwyr + IAviDomm IVinekh -SharifLorelaiDamurakKaragis -IsabelSveinKharhaz

[/tableb]

HINT: The veterans will get various discounts and bonuses.

OOC Notes:

Death Chance: High

Recommended Players: 6 - 10

Date and Time: 20th of September - 19:00 GMT+1

By joining you accept any consequences that may or may not occur in the event. This is -NOT- going to be easy. Keep in mind the more people show up the slower the responses will be due to the attempt to maintain quality, even though larger numbers are encouraged for the groups survival. You may be asked at times to roll within the event. If you're not okay with this then this event is not for you.

Further more I reserve all the rights to decide exactly what is possible or impossible within the event. I reserve the rights to tell you to re-emote. I will not be doing any 'hand-holding' within the event. This event is created to lean towards the hardcore of the WoW universe or rather events in general. I will be roleplaying your enemy or rather DMing. I -will- try and kill you, make sure to understand once you are out of the expedition area that I am no longer 'your friend'. You will be forced to think and no hints will be dropped. It's up to you to find a way out of many deadly things which will come your way. You agree to all of this by joining the event.

Part 1: Grouping up & clearing the entrance. - COMPLETE

The organization behind the expedition is hiring mercenaries and various adventurers to clear the entrance to the tomb. It's crowded with various critters preventing entry. They promise to pay all those who join in the clearing. A minimum of fifty silver per head. Bonuses are a possibility. But no promises.

Part 2: Investigating strange appearances and sightings & entering the tomb. - CURRENT

There has been reports of some group scouting out the expedition area. We are afraid that they might be preparing to attack. Venture out, remove this group from the area and then come back. After that regroup with the expedition leader and prepare for the tomb opening. There's no telling what might come out once that door is open. Make sure to use the full extent of the traders and other within the expedition area. You won't regret it.

Part 3: ?

Part 4: ?

Previously on Dunes of Uldum...

Outcome of Event:

+ The group reached the tomb after some serious injuries and managed to work past all the traps.

+ Domm found a skeleton with a 20 silver coin pouch.

+ They disposed of the dune worm and rescued two goblins at the same time.

+ Alinar's healing proves to be of infinite worth to the group once again.

+ Alinar killed the mindhive.

+ Tyronne got a brand new Tol'vir axe.

+ Group recieves 50 silver for their efforts individually, thirty more for who ever brings the expedition to the tomb.

- Svein died.

- The group is suffering a severe headache from psyonic emmisions by the local mindhive whom's agenda seems unknown for now and it is highly unlikely it will be known at all.

- Domms skin suffered due to neurotoxic poison.

- Avi and Eleanor had been impaled on spikes and poisoned after which they were healed. Eleanor dying and being quite frankly revived on the spot by Alinar.

- Severe exhaustion and lack of rest, the dicovery of the tomb was not only mind straining but physically straining as well.

Final verdict: PART ONE COMPLETE

Players can continiue whenever I think of(design) part two in greater detail as you've seen part one took several parts to finish. I've been known to come up with things on the spot and just go with them. So we'll see.

The liberated area around the tomb is being settled by the expedition, various races have come to help the effort. Traders, archeologists and mercenaries crowd the area looking for work. Various items have been retrieved, the overseer of the expedition promises some of those will be shared with the veterans of the expedition or they may pick one of the wares which the expedition offers.

A taste of things Dunes of Uldum has to offer...

Alinar : Mystic's Bulwark

Description: A relatively large shield of reinforced steel and oakwood, covered with runic markings on it's front.

Effects:

1. Upon activation, the front of the shield produces a wave of kinetic force through imbued magical means. A push of sort which is strong enough to repel an attack or send a nearby opponent back.

2. Upon activation, the shield obtains a sleek magical layer of arcane nature over it's front, gaining the ability to reflect magical attacks.

3. Upon activation, for the next two minutes the shield becomes light as a feather for it's user, while retaining it's weight, allowing for more mobility.

All spells have a cooldown of one day.

Item model: Bulwark of the Royal Guard

Eleanor: R 66 MK II

Description: The rifle seems of strictly goblin design. The very look of it inspires such. Bland dark materials with barely any decoration to it. Even so one can easily notice the large refined barrel, the advanced scope and the built in bi-pod.

This easily seems a sniper rifle and while it is such the large caliber of the gun's bullet would make you think it's a cannon. This rifle is made strictly for long range and suffers at short as the user has to be stationary to be effective. In a standing stance the rifle can hurt the user from the loud and powerful knock-back. Firing this rifle is best done while prone. The bullets for the rifle are of course expensive however through reverse engineering of the bullet one can discover their schematics.

The bullet is capable of penetrating hard plate and if it is an advanced material the wearer will be sent back from the mere kinetic force of said bullet. Possibly knocking air out of foes or shattering bones.

Effects: Firing too often can cause the barrel to melt or the rifle to entierly fall apart. Even though the materials are top notch the large caliber can cause such. The muzzle flash is more than obvious but with a little bit of extra engineering an attachment can be added on top of the barrel to hide such.

The bi-pod can be switched for other addons such as a bayonet.

Item model: It's difficult to find a model for the described rifle. This one I leave to you Vlad.

Jarreth: Prophet's Tooth Necklace

Description: An unusual necklace of tauren teeth, all marked with etchings, which glow in a faint golden color when exposed to sunlight, thus hardly noticeable. For those familiar with tauren deities and their language, the artifact can be related to An'she.

Effects:

Specifically when in dire and life-threatening situations, the user has the ability to gain insight and predict an attack. For the necklace to be functional, the user must be exposed to daylight. Cannot function in the hands of undead and demon. Can only function when the user is facing someone in direct combat.

After usage the necklace can not be activated for the next five days.

Item model: N/A

Tyronne: Bindings of Northern Braves:

Description: Two large steel bracers of vrykul make, ornamented with bronze engravings in the form of knotted lines, as northern style dictates.

Effects: Upon activation the user grows in size and strength, becoming as formidable as a Vrykul himself would. Lasts a minute and a half.

After usage the bracers can not be activated for the next two days.

Item model: Ymirjar Lord's Handguards

Baile: Tempest Staff

Description: A staff of elven make, which seems rather valuable and possibly even a masterwork, not because of it's power but because of it's majestic and fine looks. It's length is decorated with leathers, iron ornaments, leaves, and an orb resting at it's top.

Effects: While it may serve as a potent staff for any caster with the increased mana regeneration not to mention the magical properties of the staff, it's true purpose is sealed within the eerie azure crystal at it's top. For those familiar with the use of arcane in order to manipulate the nature, the staff allows for more effective manipulation over the wind element.

The staff features one spell socket.

Item model: Dreambinder

As a final thing to say here on the post I thought I should give my gratitude to Gafsha who has built the expedition area within a rather small amount of time. The skill and dedication it was built with is most admirable. There for, you have my thanks.