Cydra

Karazhan

Hopefully without any interference (hah, who am I kidding).

Karazhan Finale: Take 2, on SUNDAY 21st. 6.30 PM BST (British Summer Time)

Donator

Alarm I set didn't wake me up when it should have, so thanks for hosting. Hope everyone makes it out all right.

2058rrt.gif

Alarm I set didn't wake me up when it should have, so thanks for hosting. Hope everyone makes it out all right.

It's okay, Aeryn is still eligible for bonus loot for your dedication to try and stick through the crashes of thursday.

For what some may believed to be a final time, the Kirin Tor's Violet Eye gathered one more group to venture into Karazhan. The dark tower formerly inhabited by Medivh, and now his wandering echo, had gained a new master: the Eredar Prince, Malchezaar. To ensure the success of this final mission Archmagi Alturus and Leryda gave Archmage Dellorne Silverstream and his companions the task of putting the demon down and wrenching Karazhan free from the darkness that held it in its grasp.

Brought together for this endeavour were Archmage Aeryn, Archmage Dellorne, a draenei mage called Silera and the warlock Occultan. In addition to these were valiant spirits such as Benitar Stalagtos, "Bertram" and various others. As a group they prepared and entered Karazhan. Moving beyond the chessboard that was the cause for the supposed deaths of Archmage Aeryn and nerubian mage Karik'thir, they faced off against aberrations from the Twisting Nether itself. After slaying these fiends, they ascended the tower and went to explore what was supposedly Medivh's own quarters where the Guardian has been rumored to have spawned the unthinkable (or maybe it was in his library, whatever).

Under the persistance of the darnassian druid Merinda Greenclaw, the group left Medivh's bedroom for what it was and scaled the final staircase to the top of the decrepit spire. Facing one final fiend of the nether, the group marched to the place to face their destiny. Here they met Prince Malchezaar in the flesh, and began their combat in earnest.

The Demon Prince's onslaught consisted of destructive fel and shadow magic, physical combat by using axes against Thyrion, a Kaldorei warrior, and summoning abyssals to his aid. Through Malchezaar's evasiveness friendly fire caused by a sin'dorei got another warrior without a name killed, the elf's meteor impact knocking the human off the terrace into the dark netherspace. Proven that unity and teamwork are a recipe for success, the group worked together to fend off and defeat the demonlord. Despite the group suffering tremendous damage because of the man'ari eredar's sorcery, they persevered against the demon - leaving the dark tower before their drained bodies would still remain within its halls.

The Kirin Tor has sent all of the group to Dalaran for medical treatment where it was due, and will reward everybody that fought against Prince Malchezaar personally, and soon.

That concludes Karazhan, which was long overdue. I thank all of those whom participated and as I've said in the raid chat - if you wish to beat Netherspite and gain additional loot from Karazhan, you'll have to contact Silverthorn (or Dellorne rather, ICly). His character holds the Master Key to enter Karazhan, and my part in this all is done. Loot will be given to those present between now and somewhere tomorow.

Donator

I'd be down for nether spite

Donator

Im hosting Netherspite + secondary objectives. Time TBA.

What's that? Netherspite was finished while we were away? Time for Theramore? :D

He's still alive and kicking.

Donator

Netherspite and Secondary Objectives (Shameless Looting included) will propably be on Thursday 6.30 BST. May be delayed if something unexpected happens, like crashes, or people complaining about time.

Donator

Shameless looting of knowledge, oh right

Inb4 Mages publish books based on Medivh's work and gain nerd fanboys

Four people have already gotten their loot rewards from Karazhan. Apologies that I'm exceeding the set deadline but I've had a busier day than expected.

Still required to get loot:

• Access (FlufflyFlood)
  • Sothemar (Bradley, in-game mail)

Still required to get bonus loot:

• Orn (in-game mail)
  • Voedin (in-game mail)
  • Access (FlufflyFlood)

Note: Bonus loot is only for specific players who were present on thursday's attempt at a finale. See this post for more info.

Is this event concluded? If so, would it be fine to pillage the already pillaged libraries and such? If not, might it be fine upon conclusion to attempt such? 

Is this event concluded? If so, would it be fine to pillage the already pillaged libraries and such? If not, might it be fine upon conclusion to attempt such? 

The only person who has a functional key to enter Karazhan is Silverthorn on his character. Without it, you will not be able to enter Karazhan which is also why he was essential for the events the moment the key was received from Medivh in the Black Morass. The events, from my part, are concluded. Silverthorn is free to (and apparently will) run an event to destroy Netherspite and to get some more loot from Karazhan. Unless you tag along with that group, or convince his character to open the tower's gates I'm afraid you're not going to get far in your attempts.

Still required to get loot:

• Sothemar (Bradley, in-game mail)

Still required to get bonus loot:

• Orn (in-game mail)
  • Voedin (in-game mail)

Due to the current situation regarding the server's status, the last few people will need to wait a while longer.

Guest Incandessa

Ffff, I couldn't attend the rest. So sorry! Was fun while I was there, anyhow.

Donator

Are we still on for tomorrow, Silver, using the 434 client? Or no?

Donator

Unfortunately, I deteled my 4.3.4. client 5 days ago. So this will have to be delayed until the weekend, at least.

Donator

6.1.2. is back and so is shameless search for loot in a dark and highly dangerous tower.

Netherspite sometime mid-week this week. Propably wednesday.