Sign in to follow this  
Gigglebox

((WIP IDEA)) Snow Showdown

-Let's start off by saying that not all RP has to be 100% serious. Or even serious at all. But you must also beware and stray from going 100% nonsense.-

This idea suddenly came to me, and I am interested to see if the community would be willing to do such an event. If so, I shall delve deeper into details. I am open for suggestions and feedback if anyone has them, as they will be very important for the final details for this event.

But for now, here is an overview:

Who: Anyone! Any faction! Any race*! Any class*!

((*Both are to be kept within reason))

What: I demand war! A snow war, of course! This will be a mix between a snowball fight and a WoW themed battlefield. It will be a mix of PvE, to obtain items* for your side, and also PvP to attack other fortresses! The last one standing wins!

((*Items will vary between those to assist in building up the fortress faster or repair, and possibly magically enchanted ones that use arcane to enhance the power of your snowy attacks! Items will also only exist within this event, disappearing after.))

When: Within the next couple weeks (when most are on, while keeping in mind it is also the Holidays and people will be busy)

Where: -Pending- (Possibilities: Dun Morogh, Winterspring, etc)

Why: To get in the spirit of the holidays! No matter what you celebrate, it shall be included in thought and respect of others. This is meant to be different and fun for everyone!

Reward: None

Note: This is a sneak-peak to a possible event, if enough are interested in doing it. I also have other events I am planning, some of them a bit more extensive than others.

__ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Suggestions:

• Have it be held as if a Dream/Simulation
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The winner should get a present from Greatfather Winter himself. 

This could be done quite well in Sorel's Simulation thing, as it allows for more grand zones to be used. 

Yeah, mechagnome snow-cannon incoming. Better cover your asses, pussies.

Donator

Well im bringing my ancient then

so I'm bringing my man'ari eredar right?

I knew I'd eventually find somewhere to bring my Pit-lord

...In that case Nidhogg is coming.

Awesome, more teammates! This will be snapping! Heh.

I considered something like this before, but then you need to keep in mind some characters might turn a bit of fun into something more lethal...

Not gunna lie this seems like it's right up Caretaker 614's alley of bullshit.

Donator

Auwwwww yeeeahhh... Boubalos is in dis to win dis!

And by win, I of course mean killing every living thing nearby. Obviously.

@Mother

I've definitely thought about that, as to why this is pretty much just a WIP idea currently with a general outline. In order to keep things fair, I'd probably take the dream/simulation suggestion into consideration to strip everyone of most of their magic. I've noted already for class that it should be one kept in reason. I might even delve further into the detail of what each bonus a class would get.

For example:

Hunter/Ranger/Gunman: Has the capability to use modified ranged weapons to increase the range of their snow attacks.

Warrior/Defender: If wielding a shield, it increases the ramming damage caused to a fortress as they charge into it.

As a note, sometimes being bigger does not mean better

1) You might be shrunk down to a certain size within the simulation

2) Being bigger means you are also a bigger target. There will be a max amount of times you can be hit by attacks before you are out.

Donator

I hope that simulation thing stays, it's pretty fun to have.

I finally got a place for all my no-good-baddies to come to. ;)

I don't see a reason for Simulations to be rid of because they exist on Retail as Scenarios, really. It's a "What if" type situation. Quite fun, too, since it doesn't officially change the lore of things. Almost as if just a part of someone's imagination or perhaps just a dream.

I had this exact idea - love it. Let me know if you need any help. Also, my dwarf Brauron has a Greatfather Winter costume if you need someone to host. :D

Help would be wonderful through the use of suggestions and feedback, of course! I want to make sure that I fit in what others would like to see, take out what isn't favored, and do my best to make things fair.

Developer

Hello there,

I honestly don't think this'd fit into a Paragon environment and if we would allow it, then it should have no actual item rewards.

You outline this is for fun and not 100% serious, then keep it to something fun-only and non-seriousness. Things like these should not give items or rewards that count towards characters ICly.

However, if these items are only for the duration of the 'event' then I guess I can see it happening. I'd just rather not see the non-seriousness leak out of the event and rather keep it contained WITHIN the event if you get what I'm saying.

Kind regards,

Data Core

Hello there,

I honestly don't think this'd fit into a Paragon environment and if we would allow it, then it should have no actual item rewards.

You outline this is for fun and not 100% serious, then keep it to something fun-only and non-seriousness. Things like these should not give items or rewards that count towards characters ICly.

However, if these items are only for the duration of the 'event' then I guess I can see it happening. I'd just rather not see the non-seriousness leak out of the event and rather keep it contained WITHIN the event if you get what I'm saying.

Kind regards,

Data Core

I appreciate you taking the time to read this over and give your feedback. :)  Reason as to why I left a "?" next to Reward because I was unsure about it. But! I shall change that now. I promise you, anything that happens within this will not be leaked out. It'll be as if just a dream, really.

Thank you again!

If you were to give rewards for this, and that's assuming Data doesn't mind what I'm proposing, simply make them something that's cosmetic-only.... no need to give people something game-changing for simply participating in an event. I, for one, advocate small rewards and sometimes a badge or a ribbon is meaningful enough, and allows characters to say "I did this thing."

So maybe a Snowball Ribbon kind of "I participated" reward. No value beyond sentimental.

Donator
I'm with mother on this one I see no problem with simple rewards something with no real value like a ribbon for participating or maybe a (non-magical) Christmasy ring or hat just a little something that gives no benefit beyond cosmetics.