Kresh

~New~ Marshbury Outpost

Fair enough, in my opinion I think that Marshbury was a neat idea, I had fun when I visited anyway. I think that if someone wants to revive it, more power to them, maybe they can get it to work this time. I don't think anyone should be trying to dissuade someone for trying to resurrect and idea to see if they can improve upon it, least of all one of the founders. I'd like to see Marshbury thrive, maybe even inspire hope for future custom towns.

Not saying the old version was good or bad. Mostly was a dick swinging competition with little bits of what the fuckery involved so I stayed away unless a friend wanted to go.

But. I hope this one goes well for you. Good luck.

The only thing i can say is dont whine and bitch when a demon steps into your front lawn and start screaming to gms

"THIS NIGGA AINT NORMAL GET 'IM OUTTA HERE"

absorb 90% of rp expect bullshit.

Like idk

Meteors

Or Gerard

Marshbury is going to be a Guild HQ, not a custom town. it will be open to RP for others should they wish it, and most RP will be centered around trade and some military training under Isaiah (though the beginning will mostly be rebuilding). If people start showing up with their demons and causing problems or doing illogical shit, then it will either be closed to the general community or characters will be limited. Simple as that.

So please, do NOT turn Marshbury into the new Darkshire and try to assault it every other day with undead and demons. Be logical with the RP.

you're asking too much, *J3loodT4lon*

Not really. It isn't that hard to keep RP logical. Demons constantly assaulting a town of no significant importance on a regular basis is just plain stupid and the legion wouldn't waste time with it.

Oh good another "base" that can't be attacked because "reasons". That really sounds fair for parties that would wish to assault it.

I call bullshit.

Every town in azeroth has a reason to be attacked by demons.

That reason? They're demons and the people in the town aren't.

I never said it can't be attacked, so please learn to read before you start bitching. I also never said it can't be attacked by demons. I am merely stating that if the community treats the guild base in the same manner they treated Darkshire in the past, then players will either be limited or not allowed to RP there unless in the guild.

Oh good another "base" that can't be attacked because "reasons". That really sounds fair for parties that would wish to assault it.

I call bullshit.

Marshbury will be allowed to be assaulted by anyone and thing if the attacking party can give an IC reason. If it's OOC reasons like "I just hate Marshbury", lets face it the last one had constant threats like that because of OOC nonsense, then of course it isn't allowed. 

I never said it can't be attacked, so please learn to read before you start bitching. I also never said it can't be attacked by demons. I am merely stating that if the community treats the guild base in the same manner they treated Darkshire in the past, then players will either be limited or not allowed to RP there unless in the guild.

Pardon my bitching, but I very much know how to read, and your condescending attitude isn't about to make me do anything more but lose further respect for you and your "Guild Base that isn't a custom town." Really, that whole thing seems very much like a rules loophole that you're exploiting and one should wonder why the Staff and Admins are allowing this at all. They're probably just waiting for it to die out like the last time so they can kick dirt over the embers.

And indeed, last time ( the first time)  Marshbury came around, Staff had pretty much enforced a policy of "If you want bad things to happen to the town, you can't go there." at the request of the "Interior Owner" and because of this, the town was defended with an iron administrative fist. It was absolutely heavy-handed and irresponsible and I refuse to allow it to happen again. I know about this situation because I was in Marshbury and I very much remember being about as opposed to it then as I am now. I am extremely skeptical of the situation and in-fact fearful of this shit happening again: I'm not going to shut up about this any time soon simply because you insult my reading comprehension.

It's funny to me that you mention Darkshire, because quite frankly, how many people do you see there RPing there, now-a-days? Zero After the extremely heavy-handed enforcement that there was "Wards everywhere" and the shitstorm that followed; the only thing that allowed low quality RP to transpire there is the hesitance of anyone to DM the guards there or act as the NPCs in a realistic way that isn't just to cower in fear. Staff, in fact, not even regular players, have made ample use of Duskwood as a vulnerable target for their character's actions.

The worst matter of the fact is that Marshbury isn't even close to the amount of defenses Darkshire has, and, as far as I am aware, only maintains a barebone contingency in the shape of a militia, and including all of the players residents. If a Demon wanted to attack your town, you would be fucked. That is why I am pushing this, because you are on the road to taking advantage of a "mechanical" part of being able to eject people from your interior, while also masquerading behind the loophole of "IT'S NOT A CUSTOM TOWN, GUYS, HONEST :^)" and 

While I'm trying my best to be hopeful for Nova Marshbury, you're showing all the signs the last one showed and all those signs are pointing to an early end. 

Marshbury will be allowed to be assaulted by anyone and thing if the attacking party can give an IC reason. If it's OOC reasons like "I just hate Marshbury", lets face it the last one had constant threats like that because of OOC nonsense, then of course it isn't allowed.

And yet I get the feeling that "Oh I'm a demon and I live to sow chaos and destruction" wont cut it? The same as "I'm a derranged psychopath-killer" or "I'm a bandit and you're walking down my road" doesn't cut it for IC intent on killing or robbing a player. You say that "Anyone" will be allowed if they can give an "IC reason" but all that does for me is remind me of how many of these IC reasons that were viewed as not good enough by the former staff team. It's not a direct insult to you, Drak, but I absolutely cannot abide by this and think it's completely ridiculous that you're trying to defend something that's quite literally sneaking through a loophole in the rules, considering the fact that Razmataz has expressed that custom towns are not allowed.

You can say that Marshbury made "Good RP" all you like- Fuck, I was involved in the damn town and online more than most of the people who came to visit; sure the RP was pretty fun, but by pushing Marshbury back alive you're not giving anything unique to anyone: The same RP can be found in literally any town, village, city.

The reason people loved Marshbury so much The reason I loved Marshbury so much was because it was attacked by demons for "literally no reason." It gave a thought of desparation and drove the villagers together in the defense of their township, giving them more unity and a sense of dramatic tension. The whole affair with Marshbury being forced to join the alliance made logical RP sense and was an exciting conflict. Not only is Marshbury a good way for high-tier evil players to wave their dicks around, it also provides more RP than just goddamn people sitting around a tavern and drinking Ale, which can literally be found anywhere else. Tavern RP is not unique or interesting. Stop discouraging people from making RP. I am absolutely losing my mind under how everyone is trying to stifle as much creativity as they can with the idea of keeping their precious idea in perfect-and-untouchable condition. Bad things happen, sometimes and people need to deal with that.

Yes custom towns aren't allowed so it's a good thing Marshbury won't be one, it'll as I understand be like a flea-market. Also as for the attack reasoning, please don't jump the gun and yes I know you were a part of Marshbury and loved it so I'm sure you remember the good and the bad of it, IC and OOC?

You're, as you gave an example, a psychotic killer that murders for pleasure of it? Sure okay, just be mature enough to follow concequences that follow (not saying you WILL be captured but don't block bullets with a hat made of titansteel). You're a demon that loves to sow chaos? Okay, if you have a demon and you've heard of Marshbury you should know it's location and have at it. I myself am a fan of 'conflict' RP in otherwise peaceful areas but you're missing what I said about assaulting anything.

If it's OOC reasons like "I just hate Marshbury"

You may recall the utter hate for Marshbury near the end. World chat was filled with both jokes and serious talk about making characters of all kind just to assault Marshbury, the mall was even more filled with it. Often here and there people made talk of attacking marshbury just to annoy the players. Were they serious? Half the time yes, half the time it's just joking. I like to think the "Scourge-loyal Lich teaming up with a Nathrezim, Pitlord and random assassin/deadshot mercenaries to invade Marshbury at once" was a joke.

No one likes it when you make a character you're willing to throw away, or one of your "OP Mains" just to attack someone because you OOCly dislike them or their group, it's the second most dick-move I can think of may as well apply for assassin or deadshot prestige classes just to attack <character> because you dislike/hate the player.

Stop discouraging people from making RP. I am absolutely losing my mind under how everyone is trying to stifle as much creativity as they can with the idea of keeping their precious idea in perfect-and-untouchable condition. Bad things happen, sometimes and people need to deal with that.

There's a difference between people "making RP" and people doing something just to cause OOC grief. Before Kresh even made the topic I warned him about this, I told him people would want to attack Marshbury and he was okay with it and welcomes it if I recall because "it makes for interesting RP".

To summarise: OOC hate on Marshbury, the guild or players, and/or just wanting to annoy them OOCly is not a reason to attack Marshbury or anyone for that matter. I've explained my point to the best of my ability, anything else I'm going to let Kresh respond to random-assaults on the town.

To summarise: OOC hate on Marshbury, the guild or players, and/or just wanting to annoy them OOCly is not a reason to attack Marshbury or anyone for that matter. I've explained my point to the best of my ability, anything else I'm going to let Kresh respond to random-assaults on the town.

This is absolu

I just don't want that used as an excuse, Drak. It's all well and good, but anything can be called "OOC targetting" with the right evidence. 

Pardon me for venting, but I don't want this to go down the same road as Old Marshbury, but it's heading for exactly the same spot.

As I have CLEARLY stated multiple times in this thread: Attacking Marshbury is 100% aloud, but players attacking our little market town that has no real importance to anyone but the people that live there on a constant basis like people did to Darkshire will merit limitations on RP from the rest of the community. The only thing that would make sense is for the gnolls in the area to try attacking ever once in a while, especially while we are in the process of rebuilding, not a horde of legion demons assaulting a small 3 building 'town' deep in the Wetlands near Menethil Harbor "because demons". They have more pressing targets to prepare for.

Sorry swamp people, if Dj ever has another trip to wetlands he gonna bomb yo church again, if you have one.

Cuz fuck the Light. Yall need a better deity.

Or just dont build any.

It seems there has been some confusion here. Unfortunately I have been inactive due to course work and other such important and real life needs, so I have only just read questions that I have not personally answered.

As the new owner of this 'project', my ambitions were to increase RP. I have stated before that we do not want to limit anyone's RP experience by putting up silly rules because "we don't like it". Addressing one problem at a time, please allow me to clarify, though I ask you to keep an open mind and put any OOC bias aside, whilst reading this.

The main concern of a lot of people is the fact that they do not want Marshbury to head to the same, messy ending. Both IC and OOC.

Personally, revitalising tavern RP was the first ambition I had in mind. Giving plenty of RP potential, such as progressing as a small group of people, to expanding and building a trade hub. I understand where JBloodTalon is coming from when he states that changing from an open guild base to a closed guild base, should RP become either OOC hate, or silly. The intentions of his words were pure, but realistically may not be possible. Of course, Marshbury, right now, is in no state to RP in as there is nothing left, just now.

Attacking Marshbury is completely fine, provided there's an IC reason. I understand very well, as I have a demon character, that I can just walk up to someone and engage them, because I'm a psychopathic legion follower.

That is just part of playing that character. But what don't want is an unnecessary influx of OOC hate turned in to IC attacking.

But in order to have OOC Hate, one must have done something to the other person, to get them in to a state. So I personally do not want or aim to annoy, nor provoke a negative response. Like stated before, Marshbury is far from even being considered any form of town or base. It is completely deserted and boarded up. Meaning, the chances are considerably lower for an attack, not impossible, but considerably lower. On the other hand, should Marshbury become a thriving town with lots of trade and people, that will indeed attract more attention IC and OOC, thus becoming more prone to attacks.

How you choose to RP is up to you. I ask you politely to consider your actions, both IC and OOC before acting upon them. As of right now, Marshbury is having very small work done. There are a few workers, Stormwind soldiers and a few small bits and bobs. I welcome any who wish to RP, though I am not a fan of character deaths and fighting, it does not mean I am going to complain about it. I bite my tongue unless I feel there is a good reason to question a GM about it. This has rarely happened.

We all accepted Paragons Rules when we make a character. So it's down to every individual to uphold their agreement, and sometimes bite their tongue.

If you have concerns / suggestions / issues that you wish to express, feel free to PM me.