Sign in to follow this  
Coffee

Gladiator Tales

Donator

Gladiator Tales

HEX_ASSET_57.jpg

You wake up, looking around reveals a cold stone cell. A piss bucket in the corner and mere hint of comfort in the hay you've been laying.

There's barely any light here. Only an exit barred by the equally cold steel bars. You can hear other voices here.

You are not alone.

e6f3ddeb18ca9547e65b6f5b6b8fce37_full.jp

It is an eventual conclusion. You are a prisoner here. You do not know why, you do not know how, where or when. Try as you might there is no waking up from reality. A brief peek through the bars reveals a myriad of guards. Ogres, dark clothed individuals, there is not a single race exempt here. The prisoner across you looks hopeless and unknowing. Despair sinks quickly into the eyes of fearful individuals. They will not survive, but you will. 

These were not your own words, your curiosity draws you to the figure in the doorway. Behind the bars he stood. The man hooded and clothed darkly. Before your myriad of questions propelled it self upon him he answers it all one by one in his own unique way. As if practiced he nails your worst fears and everything you hoped would not be, is going to be.

You will fight. You will die.

You will win and you will lose.

Mercy depends on the victor ... or the crowd.

Your victories will bring you fame and fortune... 

Best of luck... Gladiator.

As he walked away a low murmur escapes him.

"Or should I say cattle."

It is not long before a guard takes you out of your cell. Any hopes of escaping come to cease when all you see is endless hallways of stone. Prison cells and heavily armored guards. A mage tries to struggle but they bring him down quickly. His magic seemingly not working. No matter how much he tried the collar around his neck refused to yield to his chants. 

"You will learn how all of this works." The guard said as you soon found your self in a room full of gladiators. Men with no clothing but their loin cloths. In the back you would overhear that they are a new batch of fighters. It soon comes to your attention an elite warrior stands among their crowd. Another gladiator. All pointed out by the guard. It seems this one won him self something others could only hope for. The weapons and armor look something you'd only see in the most expensive of mercenary companies. His last fight is the fight for his freedom. But your attention is once more stolen as a man stands in the center and offers up to the gladiators a bowl of wrapped papers. Each paper had a number. They would be asked for the same numbers and the same would give them something to use in the arena. One would draw a number 13. He seems to be given a spoon. The fear in his eyes is obvious as he looks to the side and realizes some of his 'friends' sported axes, swords, bows and arrows. 

"Want my advice? Don't get the number 13."

Those were the last words of the guard who took you back to your cell.

1st Event Scheduled for: 7th March - 19:00 GMT +1.

1st Event - Tier 1: 11th March - 19:00 GMT +1. (Tier 1 branch will fight for their existence against another equal gladiator team.)

2nd Event - Tierless: 12th March - 19:00 GMT +1. (Tierless characters fight in the Thunderstruck Arena to prove their worth.)

Some OOC notes: This is a new 'chain of events' that I aim to begin. There will be a proper format for you to assign a character to this. You are expected to understand this can be equally fun as dangerous and as such if you do not want to risk your character don't sign up. Or rather, make an entirely new one you think you can gamble away. There will be chances of winning your freedom or escaping but NOT until I say so. Teleportation as a means of escape is forbidden. The event chain will feature both PVP and PVE. You may opt whether to do PVP or PVE. (I am trying to cater for everyone.) You will be matched per your preferences of the two. Your equipment in the event as well as your stats will be monitored by me. More on this later.

Donator

A batch of OOC/IC rules and instructions:

1. What I say goes. This is under no circumstance debatable unless I've made such a mistake that the majority can simply spot it and call it out. (This can be due to various reasons such as being tired or whatever.) Keep in mind I will still listen and talk with you, you will not be ignored. But if I make a decision it is there for a reason and yours is to abide by it.

2. By joining you accept my terms and style of DMing. This means you are prepared to accept IC consequences and potential LOSS of your character. You have been warned. This event will be based a lot around luck. You will gamble with the fates of your characters thus it is wholly encouraged you make an entirely NEW character for this unless you're prepared to take the risks.

3. Be prepared to lose, take a hit and shrug off shame. Losing doesn't mean certain death, nor does being hit. Wounds only add to the fire and cheers of the crowd. The more pleased the crowd is the better you will be off. Winner or loser. The Gladiators or the crowd may give on mercy to those defeated. Dependent how well you preform. Crowd cheer > Gladiator (Winner). This means even if you have an enemy among the gladiators the crowd can save your life to fight another day. Ultimately if you're an exceptional fighter who has made a name for him self you may be spared by default. 

3.1. If you use the same reason again and again for not taking a hit you will be forced to take a hit and you will be punished. For an example the same character by some stroke of luck manages to dodge/roll/parry every single time out of the way. You cannot always win and you cannot always evade/shrug off enemy attacks. If I see you roleplaying inappropriately I will punish you the way I see fit. Meaning, do not shrug off blows consider that you've taken damage and act accordingly. Casters who spam blink to evade attacks will simply be forbidden from using that ability during the event. 

4. Things will not always be fair and this is the spark of entertainment within this event. You will be forced to think and your character will be in danger. Each time before a major fight you will draw from a box of wrapped papers. You will read a number and that number will be on a list of the gladiator manager. The same manager will read out which weapon or piece of armor/shield you got for that fight. Lucky number is 7. Unlucky number is 13. Anything can happen with those two numbers, from getting an enchanted axe to being offered a spoon.

5. Roleplay realistically. You've been taken against your will and you are being forced to fight for the entertainment of the crowd. The more you win and the more the crowd cheers the better you will be fed and some perks may unlock over time. This is a matter of survival for your character. When you are not fighting or washing, you are kept in your cell until the time comes again.

6. Casters cannot teleport outside of event area. Casters can only utilize their magic in the arena (once again no teleportation anywhere outside the ring.) They will at all times wear special collars which will forbid them from casting outside the ring. When within the ring, the collar adopts different anti-magical specifications to prevent escape. It is rumored the casters are treated more harshly than the rest of the flock to install fear and obedience.

7. During the fights bets are placed onto the fighters, if you win someone big money, that someone might reward you if you win him some more. PLAYERS MAY GET INVOLVED IN OBSERVING THE FIGHTS. But you absolutely cannot under any circumstance break anyone out or bring your approved 100/1000/10000 man minion army. 

8. Your gear will be tracked and managed. So will your HP and mana. Be prepared for this. Your -own- gear will be confiscated. (You don't lose anything for the sake of not losing it.)

9. You will be given a choice to pick between PVP & PVE in gladiator signups. It is encouraged you do PVP with people you TRUST. I don't want any drama if I have any you'll be given a short amount of time to resolve it. If you do not you will be kicked out and removed from the event. If it happens again you will be entirely barred from participating in the event chain.

10. No undead gladiators.

11. You escape when I tell you to. Not a moment sooner, not a moment later. You will be notified if such a chance opens up. Alternatively you can play the game and win your freedom.

12. To keep things competitive I am introducing tiers. Your tier will revolve around your overall performance. The higher the tier the sooner you will be let go. But also the higher the chances of death, loot, gold and other.

summary_of_major_rules_changes_for_2015-

How the event/events will work:

1. Each event there will be a selection of 'gamemodes' to pick from, they are as follow:

• Gladiators VS Monster/Monsters (PVE - Varying from a single big monster to waves of small.)
  • Gladiator VS Gladiator (PVE & PVP - Depends on your preference. If you do not like PVP you will not be forced to do it.)
  • Squad Competition (PVE)
  • Squad Skirmish (PVP - PVE)

1.1 Elaborating the gamemodes:

• Gladiator vs Monster/Monsters will come in small waves of enemies in the beginning you will have to survive the hoards of hostile creatures potentially other humanoids pitted against you. Later on when the gladiators are advanced enough you will be pitted against single large monsters.
  • Gladiator versus gladiator battles will work in a way that you will be able to select PVE or PVP. PVE will obviously be DM'd by me. These are duels between two single gladiators. Sometimes as 'punishment' a lone gladiator may be pitted against a greater enemy. If he survives the rewards will be great. Gladiators can challenge each other and a fight will be placed. Players who are not gladiators can pay up to see two gladiators pitted against each other for their own purposes.
  • Squad competition will mean there will be two groups fighting equal amount of enemies. The one who wins sooner is somehow rewards, while the other wins a whipping or other.
  • Squad skirmish is self explanatory, two squads will skirmish against each other. 
  • The way squad gamemodes will work is that two squad leaders are chosen and the chosen will take turns in picking their members from the participants. They roll for who picks first and then they carry on in turns. For an example: Mok wins with roll of 20 and picks first. He selects a gladiator. Now it is Zahariel's turn and he proceeds to pick a gladiator for him self. Once done, it is Moks turn again. Uneven squads will not be allowed so one of the gladiators will be kept as reserve. If one of the squads men falls a roll is made by the DM. Under 10 means the reserve goes to team A. Above 10 means the gladiator goes to team B.

2. After a gamemode is selected you will be asked to roll 20. There will be a total of 20 items which you can be given at any time from a list of weapons and other equipment. Each item will somehow be useful in its own way  unless it is number 13. In which case the character/player is counted unlucky and will have to take potential weapons off of enemies.

3. Your job is to survive while entertaining the crowd. If you do not entertain the crowd bad things might happen. 

4. When the battle ends you are taken back to your cells and your weapons/armor are taken from you.

4. Each time a gladiator proves him self to be exceptional he will be reward with something. That something consists of:

• Personal storage.
  • Monetary rewards which can be used to buy various things.
  • Free enchant of their choice on a desired weapon if a weapon is available.
  • An item is not removed from a hero but rather placed into his personal storage so next time he fights he will have it at his disposal. This should help enhance your character's survival. 

5. The mechanics of the event:

• Fame will bring in unique scenarios for your character as well as advanced gearing options and other. But it will also increase the difficulty of your fights. 
  • Gold will be awarded to you in some cases. This will open up the shops for you and you will be able to buy items which will be stored into your personal storage. (If you have one.)
  • Accumulating losses will decrease your fame and may install other unique scenarios.
  • Wins will increase your fame and win you favor among the crowds.
  • Winning an average battle gains you +1 fame, losing gives you -1.
  • Scoring an average kill gains you +1 fame.
  • Nicknames can give you both minuses and pluses to fame. Sometimes they will unlock special scenarios. In case of immense failures a nickname which gave a major minus to fame can return and do double of that. This does not exclude positive cases.

Donator

Character signup format: (Copy paste the text in the box into your reply then fill it out.)

[color=orange][b]IC Name:[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]OOC Name:[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]Race:[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]Class:[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]Preference (PVP or PVE or Both):[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]Additional information:[/b][/color]

Gladiator Roster:

Tier 1 - Ranked

1. Ver'Seal Duskblossom (Candescence/Nekoburn) - Night elf (Shadowmage/Rogue) - PvP & PvE W: 2 | L: 0 | F: 32 | G: 0

2. Mer'yn'theril Dawnedge (Isolim) - Blood elf (Ranger/Fighter) - PvP & PvE -  W: 1 | L: 1 | F: 23 | G: 0

3. Jin'ka (Jay) - Dark Troll (Berserker) - PvP & PvE - W: 2 | L: 0 | F: 11 | G: 0

4. Tyestus Fireweave (StealthScout) - High elf - W: 2 | L: 0 | F: 11 | G: 0

5. T'uk (Heart) - Troll (Berserker)W: 1 | L: 0 | F: 3 | G: 0

6. Vanelion Boneaxe (Onyx) - Half Orc (Barbarian) - PvP & PvE - W: 1 | L: 0 | F: 2 | G: 0

7. Grashak 'Buttblood' Boulderfist (Radar) - Mag'har Orc (Barbarian) - PvP & PvE -  W: 1 | L: 1 | F: 0 | G: 0

Tierless:

1. Koshara (Noble) - Tauren (Paladin) W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

2. Al Salil-Ramlah Al-Mahir (Feral) - Tanari Human (Duelist, Contender) W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

3. Trokan (Rhukz) - Orc (Warrior) W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

4. Rotan (Pandaple) - Mag'har Orc (Shaman) W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

5. Orvenhal (The Stranger) - Vrykul (Melee Hunter) - PvP & PvE - W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

6. Grygariku Saurhilt (LittleRitzo) - Mag'har Orc (Battle-Shaman/Adept Healer) W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

7. Tyronne (Drakmar) - Human [Arathi] (Gladiator/Barbarian) - PvE - W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

8. Makorth (JamGun) - Dire Orc (Barbarian) - PvP & PvE - W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0

(SIGNUPS ARE OPEN)

W - Wins, L - Losses, F - Fame, G - Gold

The Dead:

1. Whillie (Xii) - Human (Rogue) - PvP & PvE - W: 0 | L: 0 | F: 0 | G: 0 - Killed by Throk.

I'll join on T'uk'.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAA....

IC Name: T'uk'

OOC Name: Heart

Race: Darkspear Troll (Raised as a Slave and driven mad by the blood-lust of Hakkar)

Class: Bezerker

Preference (PVP or PVE or Both): Both

Additional information: T'uk' would be obviously insane. He would willingly allow himself to be captured for this. He wants this. He revels in the idea of slaughtering all the other opponents and building a kingdom of their flesh and bones. He desires for nothing more than combat. To feel his axe cull through flesh. It drives him nearly into a frenzy at just the thought. 

Donator

inb4 where is dunes of uldum

Where is Dunes of Uldum?

Donator

inb4 where is dunes of uldum

Where is Dunes of Uldum?

SoonTM

Donator

Ditto to that maaaaaaaaaaayun

Donator

Heavy update. Signups open. MAKE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING. (It's there for a reason.)

PS: PLEASE POST SIGNUPS BELOW. Make my lief easier!!111! Don't edit it into your post like Heart.

[color=orange][b]IC Name:[/b][/color]
Koshara.
[color=orange][b]OOC Name:[/b][/color]
Noble.
[color=orange][b]Race:[/b][/color]
Tauren.
[color=orange][b]Class:[/b][/color]
Paladin.
[color=orange][b]Additional information:[/b][/color]

He's really big.

Huh. This is one of the first events I'm genuinely excited about. I'd give Rep to you if I could, Dug.

IC Name: Al Salil-Ramlah Al-Mahir

OOC Name: Salil

Race: Tanari Human

Class: Duelist, Contender

Additional information: He wuz a bandit king in Tanaris(self-proclaimed, only led a small band), was probably captured. fits nicely.

preference is both, for quick edit purposes.

Donator
IC Name: Trokan

OOC Name: l0l

Race: ork m4573r raec

Class: warr ftw

Additional information: He rocks. Also tag-teams with Throk if thats possible. Also I guess silly people captured him, not knowing that their fate was sealed.

Name: Rotan

OOC Name: Pandaple

Race: Mag'har Orc

Class: Shaman

Additional Information: His current items have some enchantments, but considering they'll be taken away it's not exactly relevant.

Donator

IC Name:
Ver'Seal Duskblossom

OOC Name:
Verse

Race:
Night elf

Class:
Shadowmage/Rogue

Additional information:
Looks to be the only female gladiator so far and the only true caster apart from Rotan.

Good job... I ended up not using my own colours for once. Oh well should be fun.

Donator

Updated roster. Application format updated. Your PVP/PVE or 'both' preference can be PM'd to me to fill up the blanks. Any missing information on the roster (if it bothers you) is to be PM'd to me or you can update your app here or post here.

Gamemode update:

• Gladiator versus gladiator battles will work in a way that you will be able to select PVE or PVP. PVE will obviously be DM'd by me. These are duels between two single gladiators. Sometimes as 'punishment' a lone gladiator may be pitted against a greater enemy. If he survives the rewards will be great. Gladiators can challenge each other and a fight will be placed. Players who are not gladiators can pay up to see two gladiators pitted against each other for their own purposes.

Donator

IC Name: Orvenhal

OOC Name: The Stranger

Race: Vrykul

Class:Melee Hunter

Preference (PVP or PVE or Both):Both

Additional information: Ic: He would have been wandering South EK in the forests when they nabbed him.

OOC: depending on when this is I may or may not be able to attend(I'm on vacation till like Monday)

Donator

Sorta curious when these bouts will be happening or will they be spontaneous? Also I'm aware you've said our gear is taken but does that mean our characters will also be in rags?

Donator

There will be planned events and spontaneous ones. Meanwhile you're a prisoner there forced to fight. So yes you are in rags at all times(potentially in chains too).

IC Name: Jin'ka.

OOC Name: Jaysus.

Race: Dark Troll.

Class: Berserker.

Preference (PVP or PVE or Both): Both.

Additional information: He's literally towering over most of the mortal races and his thick muscles show years of training and slaughtering.