Sign in to follow this  
Drez

(Completed. Giving Rewards) Invasion of Gilneas

I didn't say deflect every blow he just deflected a morning star from a 13 year old thrall. But they do have a LOT of endurance, stupid amounts. Just wait for the clarification I will make soon.

You have been fed misinformation about Aeden's actions at Gilneas, it has been repeatedly stated that he was fighting among, not behind his soldiers as they fought valiantly against overwhelming odds.

Hold on there.

-You- have been fed misinformation and you were THERE when the event happened of the attack on the keep.

ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/n1Mhd#0 (yes, it contains sass but seriously, come on)

Theirin himself stood behind everyone on his horse shouting commands and ONLY decided to charge in when the bridge was secured with ALL his cavalry, in which he knew there was no risk anymore due to Rhianwhen taking out the archers and everyone else suffering casualties, and to take the glory by then charging in eventually to take on the poorly manned catapults and the dreadguards where he got help from Horadin and Andrian.

The screenshots to prove that he stood back and let his cannons do their miserable job can be found in the album.

Then, eventually he decides that having his cavalry CHARGE IN and break the formation of EVERYONE on the bridge, ENDANGERING EVERYONE, is a good idea?

Theirin, fron a third-party point of view, and I am not the only one sharing this PoV, only cares to GO IN when it BENEFITS HIM. He disregards any other characters in the process. See: Karsten had to lead THREE GROUPS of people because Aeden went, without prior orders to Karsten or whatnot, off with his ONE GROUP composed of solely dragonbanes to deal with the back attack. This while having the rest of the forces just taking on all the damage thrown at them. It is a miracle we kept the other people alive by using our own tactics when you decided to do that, that was just uncalled for and the highest-ranking should have known better.

This happened in this battle where he just lets his NPCs do all the work and others, only charging in when it is RELATIVELY safe and when victory is secured.

SAME happened with the counter-attack. I could bore you with many screenshots of that where he keeps on throwing more and more men into the frey without like sending a scout, or a small group out to get some intel. SURE, he kept the damn fort and that is remarkable. But oh my damn god did he do a miserable job at executing this and keeping his men alive in the process. THere is a thing called a pyrrhic victory, that was one. And guess what, pyrrhic victories against the forsaken mean little because they will just raise new forces.

He is not a bad commander all in all nor is it all his fault, I will never claim such. But damn you take questionable decisions for the supposed master commander that uses RL tactics you make yourself out to be. Also, you got a promotion already. Do you honestly expect more? You lost men and you could've avoided some of that.

Actions -> Consequences. Simple. Your char probably got out mostly unscathed while some of us either died (like Vlad's char who was supposedly not around? Damn, he probably partook in the same amount of events as you did before he died from your vassal/chick/flirt called Demi friendly fire), are maimed or otherwise forever injured. And this is why, you ask? Are we bad RPers? Nah, we just did our job and prevented the losses your, constantly thrown in, NPCs would have made more by actually taking some damage ourselves and doing some heroic things (like preventing the elite dreadguard jumping you in the back at that counter-attack that would have just taken you all by surprise).

Also, while I am on the case of Demi. No offense to the player. But she killed a few forsaken and you give this random Goldshire Guard who happens to be in Gilneas an immediate household position in House Theirin with a Corporal (NCO) promotion to top it off? I had privates (Audric being one of them and also my Gilnean corporal) that contributed way more and put their lives on the line more than once in worse situations not immediately get from Private to Corporal.

You got a promotion and a temporary keep out of this, you lost a lot of men and are getting the shit for that. You are honestly far better off than one would think.

Two words, and this is to everyone who places their char on a pedestal that does, unfortunately, not exist. "Wake up."

Kind regards,

Data Core

PS: I am sure some will see this response as provocative, insulting or belittling. I understand, but my intentions lie with actually uncovering what unfolded from a party that does not constantly stick around Aeden (see Dragonbane, whom claim to never be biased towards him and which I believe. But their constant association with Theirin when in war parties and pleasantries does not help their case in being a third-party.)

Do not take this the wrong way, thick skins is what you need with the brutal honest truth.

You claim it's the 'brutal honest truth', but I don't see the emote where I ordered to clear a path for the cavalry. How very nice of you to cherrypick the screenshots and emotes for just that.

Do you honestly think it's smart for a military commander to charge headfirst into abominations? You claim that I only killed underarmed catapult crews, yet I also charged the Forsaken archers and soldiers standing in the field. You are giving yourself so much credit.

I'm honestly surprised you're letting you own character's incompetence fall over onto me. You're a Knight-Lieutenant, and Aeden was a Knight-Captain at the time. That means that you are allowed to give orders to the people around you, if you are outside of the commanding officer's range. In the middle of a battle, it's hard to hear those commands. Thus, the control falls over to you, until I send a messenger with orders.

As for Demi, it was a battlefield commission. She killed a Dark Ranger. A fucking Private killing a Forsaken General. That's worthy of a fucking promotion if you ask me.

Perhaps we should talk about you miraculously surviving having half your guts falling out after you got some serious hits? If that happens in modern times, than that soldier is pretty much doomed to die. How do you think that would work in a setting like Warcraft, where there are no antibiotics, no penicillin or a thing such as ethical surgery.

Your evidence is anecdotal at best, as you've done nothing but cherrypick the emotes that make me seem bad. I've also repeatedly stated that I had dinner during the event, and you seem to forget that.

Regardless, I don't even care about the reward now, because it's not about that anymore. It's just about ethics and balance now. Aeden pretty much has every medal he can get, and the only thing he can achieve now are promotions.

Hey look! He's forsaken his own religion! Seriously, if you have a decent healer around, they can have a drastic effect on if they survive or not, depending on how good said healer is, the chances can increase or decrease.

You have been fed misinformation about Aeden's actions at Gilneas, it has been repeatedly stated that he was fighting among, not behind his soldiers as they fought valiantly against overwhelming odds.

Hold on there.

-You- have been fed misinformation and you were THERE when the event happened of the attack on the keep.

ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/n1Mhd#0 (yes, it contains sass but seriously, come on)

Theirin himself stood behind everyone on his horse shouting commands and ONLY decided to charge in when the bridge was secured with ALL his cavalry, in which he knew there was no risk anymore due to Rhianwhen taking out the archers and everyone else suffering casualties, and to take the glory by then charging in eventually to take on the poorly manned catapults and the dreadguards where he got help from Horadin and Andrian.

The screenshots to prove that he stood back and let his cannons do their miserable job can be found in the album.

Then, eventually he decides that having his cavalry CHARGE IN and break the formation of EVERYONE on the bridge, ENDANGERING EVERYONE, is a good idea?

Theirin, fron a third-party point of view, and I am not the only one sharing this PoV, only cares to GO IN when it BENEFITS HIM. He disregards any other characters in the process. See: Karsten had to lead THREE GROUPS of people because Aeden went, without prior orders to Karsten or whatnot, off with his ONE GROUP composed of solely dragonbanes to deal with the back attack. This while having the rest of the forces just taking on all the damage thrown at them. It is a miracle we kept the other people alive by using our own tactics when you decided to do that, that was just uncalled for and the highest-ranking should have known better.

This happened in this battle where he just lets his NPCs do all the work and others, only charging in when it is RELATIVELY safe and when victory is secured.

SAME happened with the counter-attack. I could bore you with many screenshots of that where he keeps on throwing more and more men into the frey without like sending a scout, or a small group out to get some intel. SURE, he kept the damn fort and that is remarkable. But oh my damn god did he do a miserable job at executing this and keeping his men alive in the process. THere is a thing called a pyrrhic victory, that was one. And guess what, pyrrhic victories against the forsaken mean little because they will just raise new forces.

He is not a bad commander all in all nor is it all his fault, I will never claim such. But damn you take questionable decisions for the supposed master commander that uses RL tactics you make yourself out to be. Also, you got a promotion already. Do you honestly expect more? You lost men and you could've avoided some of that.

Actions -> Consequences. Simple. Your char probably got out mostly unscathed while some of us either died (like Vlad's char who was supposedly not around? Damn, he probably partook in the same amount of events as you did before he died from your vassal/chick/flirt called Demi friendly fire), are maimed or otherwise forever injured. And this is why, you ask? Are we bad RPers? Nah, we just did our job and prevented the losses your, constantly thrown in, NPCs would have made more by actually taking some damage ourselves and doing some heroic things (like preventing the elite dreadguard jumping you in the back at that counter-attack that would have just taken you all by surprise).

Also, while I am on the case of Demi. No offense to the player. But she killed a few forsaken and you give this random Goldshire Guard who happens to be in Gilneas an immediate household position in House Theirin with a Corporal (NCO) promotion to top it off? I had privates (Audric being one of them and also my Gilnean corporal) that contributed way more and put their lives on the line more than once in worse situations not immediately get from Private to Corporal.

You got a promotion and a temporary keep out of this, you lost a lot of men and are getting the shit for that. You are honestly far better off than one would think.

Two words, and this is to everyone who places their char on a pedestal that does, unfortunately, not exist. "Wake up."

Kind regards,

Data Core

PS: I am sure some will see this response as provocative, insulting or belittling. I understand, but my intentions lie with actually uncovering what unfolded from a party that does not constantly stick around Aeden (see Dragonbane, whom claim to never be biased towards him and which I believe. But their constant association with Theirin when in war parties and pleasantries does not help their case in being a third-party.)

Do not take this the wrong way, thick skins is what you need with the brutal honest truth.

You claim it's the 'brutal honest truth', but I don't see the emote where I ordered to clear a path for the cavalry. How very nice of you to cherrypick the screenshots and emotes for just that.

Do you honestly think it's smart for a military commander to charge headfirst into abominations? You claim that I only killed underarmed catapult crews, yet I also charged the Forsaken archers and soldiers standing in the field. You are giving yourself so much credit.

I'm honestly surprised you're letting you own character's incompetence fall over onto me. You're a Knight-Lieutenant, and Aeden was a Knight-Captain at the time. That means that you are allowed to give orders to the people around you, if you are outside of the commanding officer's range. In the middle of a battle, it's hard to hear those commands. Thus, the control falls over to you, until I send a messenger with orders.

As for Demi, it was a battlefield commission. She killed a Dark Ranger. A fucking Private killing a Forsaken General. That's worthy of a fucking promotion if you ask me.

Perhaps we should talk about you miraculously surviving having half your guts falling out after you got some serious hits? If that happens in modern times, than that soldier is pretty much doomed to die. How do you think that would work in a setting like Warcraft, where there are no antibiotics, no penicillin or a thing such as ethical surgery.

Your evidence is anecdotal at best, as you've done nothing but cherrypick the emotes that make me seem bad. I've also repeatedly stated that I had dinner during the event, and you seem to forget that.

Regardless, I don't even care about the reward now, because it's not about that anymore. It's just about ethics and balance now. Aeden pretty much has every medal he can get, and the only thing he can achieve now are promotions.

Hey look! He's forsaken his own religion! Seriously, if you have a decent healer around, they can have a drastic effect on if they survive or not, depending on how good said healer is, the chances can increase or decrease.

I did sort of arrive on Rhian with a group of nelven priests that focused on keeping Karsten alive.

Besides, yes, surprise surprise, warriors can take a lot of punishment and they are not like warriors irl. Some can even regenerate through the use of rage.

All the bickering side, you kind of skipped over Don. Though he would be grateful and make his appreciation known for Donovan's reward of twenty silver.

OKAY ENOUGH

Let me act as a moderator here and settle this score. (Vote Drez for GM)

Although it is so fun to tear at one another, this could've been taken to another location (ie. PMs or a report section) no need to berrate one another and bicker in an event thread (that's my job. xoxox Tass).

Yes Aeden had a hard fought battle ICly and lost such a large number of men. I told him this was going to be a meatgrinder and it was. Although his tactics weren't the best. He got the job done. The initial assault on Tempest's Reach wasn't when his whole "CHARGE INTO THE FOG OF WAR" happened.

People are criticizing him for being at the rear. OOCly, he was probably watcning por---- eating dinner. ICly, he was probably trying to coordinate. Poor communication from the Vanguard to Aeden caused Cav to disrupt the shieldwall.

To be fair, Aeden was the only one there with the soldier, so in a sense he was detrimental to the mission. (Try doing that without him and you all would've died.)

The Assault on Tempest's Reach was the event that got him a commendation from Horadin, who only arrived with three minutes left in an event which is completely idiotic imo, but it happened. And IC is IC.

So what does this go to show. Although the tactics weren't spectacular, Aeden managed to get the job done. And even though he was being criticized for his efforts at the defense of Tempest's Reach, his victory at initially capturing it with moderate tactics in a sense negates the defense. OFFICERS MAKE MISTAKES. Look at operation Red Wings IRL. Even though they got slaughtered they killed so many sons-of-bitches that it was an impromptu success.

So what does this mean?
In the US Army, moderate to par officers usually hit a rank and are not promoted further. If they continuously fuck up they are forced to retire rather than be demoted and publicly humiliated. Perhaps instead of threatening Aeden and berrating him, they can just start his retirement package.

What else does it mean? KEEP IC things IC. If you're going to complain, do so privately. If someone insults you ICly, insult them back ICly. Don't get all angry faced and start a massive shit show in my thread. I appreciate the views and responses to this thread, but I'd like the responses to be like "Good job guys. We can now rebild Gilneas ICly" or "DMs you did sub-par but the other players were awesome".  If you're going to continue the fighting. Take it to PMs.

-Thus Decrees King Drez.

(Also Demi ended up killing a PFC Gregory by bashing his head in with a shield to get a mind controlling ghostie out.)

-D

TBH i thin it's awesome we have Gilneas again. Also what Drez said.

(If we're all being honest theres an anti revan circlejerk where people give his char more shit than they should because they dont like his abrasive personality IRL. That being said, Revan overreacts to stuff because he now assumes that most IC stuff is because of OOC reasons. It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. We should all just get along)

I did the first event as Adrasteia. Other than getting a seemingly indefinite ban on obtaining Cenarion training or using their facilities for her involvement in the battle, do I get anything for one event?

All the bickering side, you kind of skipped over Don. Though he would be grateful and make his appreciation known for Donovan's reward of twenty silver.

You I like.