Sign in to follow this  
Razmataz

The Wandering Isle

Developer

The Wandering Isle

6jxknll.jpg

Though Pandaren live in harmony with their native land, wanderlust has gripped a small portion of their hearts for as long as they can remember.
To satisfy that wanderlust, the ancient scholar Liu Lang set out long ago – on the back of a turtle – to explore the world he knew waited beyond Pandaria's shores.

Liu Lang made several return trips to his homeland, each time bringing with him stories of the wondrous things he'd seen;
each time, Shen-zin Su, the turtle that carried Liu Lang through the waters, seemed to become larger and larger.

Liu Lang has passed on, but his followers still depart Pandaria's shores to see the world. The turtle has grown massive, the size of a small city.
It's here, on the "Wandering Isle" that young, eager Pandaren train and learn, engaging in mock combat against one another and mastering the tools and forms of martial arts.

Life on the Wandering Isle is pacific and enlightening until the day the Wandering Isle travels through the seas near Azeroth's Maelstrom.
The ground becomes unstable, crops wilt, and Shen-zin Su seems to wobble in the ocean, drifting in an unsteady pattern that may be a death spiral.

As one of the most promising Pandaren wanderers, you'll uncover the true threat to the Wandering Isle.
But the problem facing the great turtle has several potential solutions, and the students of the isle are split on how to handle it.

Do they act immediately (but rashly) to save their home before all is lost?
Do they deliberate, attempting to find a safer (but slower) way to heal the land and deal with the dangers in their midst?

Your decision will shape the future, and set the path of the Pandaren in a changed world.

OOC information:

The events will start on ›› The 20th July through to the 26th of July, 15:00 BST ‹‹
Re-runs will be hosted by Ragolution at ››
00:00 BST ‹‹ on the following day.
(that means 9 hours later)

Yes, that does mean every day of the week will have events for the Pandaren starter story.

Each event will go through the various parts of the Wandering Isle. The first four events will involve gathering the elemental spirits, the fifth will involve venturing into the Wood of Staves and the sixth will be the conclusion to the storyline, as well as the ability to bring your Pandaren out into the real world. Sunday will bring your Pandaren into either the Alliance or Horde faction, the first hour and a half for the Alliance and the second for the Horde.

You will be able to make a neutral Pandaren a few days before the first event starts, but you will not be able to teleport out of the Wandering Isle through any means (and please don't try to break it). You can use this time to gear up your character, and you won't be required to be IC until the point in which the first event starts. Only after the sixth event has been completed will you be able to join the Alliance or Horde and finally have your Pandaren put out into Azeroth, and any and all Pandaren made after this point will be able to choose their faction freely as well. It is also at this point that the Monk class and Pandaren race become free for everyone.

Each event will last up to three hours maximum, and between events you are free to roleplay in the areas you have been roleplaying through.

Donator

Squeeeeeee I need my pandaren approved

Developer

You don't need a Pandaren approved to participate.

They become free to play shortly before these events start.

However, you do need a Pandaren approved prior to that to be able to RP outside of the Wandering Isle up to the 26th.

Donator

But i wanna be my Pandaren

Donator

I can almost feel it.

Developer
Pre-making Pandaren will be available on the 15th of July.

Will there also be a way to change my OOC character class from Warrior to Monk by chance? I apologize for the off-topic.

Donator

Totes making a panda.

Is it technically considered the 15th? Or will there be an official announcement about pre-making Pandaren?

Admin

Is it technically considered the 15th? Or will there be an official announcement about pre-making Pandaren?

What he said. ^^

Developer

Pandaren can now be created. Monks can now be created.

There won't be any ability for proper monk training (that is, to become rather good at it) until after Wandering Isle ends. So whilst you can make an undead monk, a tauren monk, a gnome monk, please hold off for a bit longer. Class changes will be held off a little longer too.

Donator

The pandaren craze has begun.

Donator

Well shit

Donator

So sad. Every one of these events is during a time I am totally busy. Oh well, I'll have to settle for just saying I was part of them. :(

If I can get everything downloaded, I'm totally going to be joining in on the fun. :D

Maybe making a skilled-but-not-so-skilled monk or, uh, something else. Don't know yet.