Razmataz

Preface: The Library

Developer

This is a new section we're trying out. The ideal is that you submit stories that do a very good portrayal of what happened in an event on Paragon, be it an account of the fight against Deathwing, or something much smaller like a raid on a camp of bandits in Westfall. Enough so that anyone would have a great idea on the main moments in the story of Paragon that, well, define the lore we work with today.

Notably, because this is all in all a trial, the forum might magically disappear within a fortnight. If you are going to draft a story that you don't want to lose, keep a backup of it on your computer.

I MADE A WAVE!

Also, you can move Baelhilda's journal here if you wish.

Donator

Oh, great. Another subforum I'll have to check every day.

Donator

I think this is something Paragon should have had long time ago. It doesn't belong in the ART area which seems to be the generalization. Most RP communities keep a sub-forum like this in regards to stories, personal journals and other similar stuff. While we have 'gossip' and 'guilds' that isn't enough for the two above and some might not look in the right area if people want them to see something regarding an IC situation.

I feel Paragon needed this.

Thanks Raz! You the man!

Be safe and role-play on Paragon!

Developer

Still hoping people have taken screenshots of the Theramore events or something, or are writing up something about the fall of Theramore.

I wouldn't mind if a Part #1 to the Wandering Isle is done too! ;x

Donator

What's the difference between this and the gossip forum? Is this meant to be more long-form prose?

I think this is the journal/story/forum RP one.

Developer

Gossip is like the word on the street.

This forum serves as a proper archive to what actually happened in Paragon's story. Someone got a story they want to write about something that's happened? They can.

It's not necessarily information that people will know IC, whereas the Gossip is.

Donator

Are we allowed to post character stories? So their history up til now, and update it regularly? Sort of like a journal, but from a 3rd person perspective?

Donator

Are we allowed to post character stories? So their history up til now, and update it regularly? Sort of like a journal, but from a 3rd person perspective?

A bunch of folks are already doing that.

Donator

The appropriate perspective would be 1st person unless you're writing a biography written about your character. 3rd person is from an outside perspective, "John went to the store.". First person is from the character's perspective "I went to the store."

Donator

The appropriate perspective would be 1st person unless you're writing a biography written about your character. 3rd person is from an outside perspective, "John went to the store.". First person is from the character's perspective "I went to the store."

I know. That's why I was asking if we could write a 3rd person perspective story of our characters. I think it'd be nice to read up on a characters history, it allows un-applied characters to also make a history, and it also allows for people to check if someone is lying about what they actually RPed. Just all in all, a good idea.

Not only that, I think its fun to write stories. <3

I know. That's why I was asking if we could write a 3rd person perspective story of our characters. I think it'd be nice to read up on a characters history, it allows un-applied characters to also make a history, and it also allows for people to check if someone is lying about what they actually RPed. Just all in all, a good idea.

I concure. Being an unapplied race and/or class allows for some mad-as-fuck shizz.

But then I really feel character bios shouldn't be manditory...

But then players can also be narcasistic as fuck so I expect the ridiculous ones will anyway, going in to extreme detail regarding how attractive and super-powerful they are.

My spider is a god among mortals. The mere sight of his spinnerettes drive women and men alike into lustful crazes. Undead come back to life as they have his image grace their eyes. All will cower and get nervous around him. For even old gods shall fall to his beauty.

Donator

We do have a character profile feature that has a section for everything from bio to physical description. There is even an addon that data made which allows you to find a character's profile in-game and supplies you with the appropriate URL to look it up. I'd recommend documenting your character's history there.