Sign in to follow this  
S P R O C K

Arkanford

Mod

uh uh uh !

you know i gotta say its been years since i first heard of the arkanford in its original iterations and its always been full of quality roleplayers i think when it first started they did the stardust covenant and it was pretty fun since the rp was always popping and shit without anyone having to kickstart it in particular you just went to the vale and cracked open a cold one with the lads but nowadays maybe its time to open the rp gates a bit more to make the new arkanford a vit more publicly accessible t. get people hooked and inreerested in rp again not because is their reaponsibility but i think t can really be used to inceease the rp uanitity and uality output on paragon a good measure whwn you have experienced rpers leading the charge into fun stories and with all the leion intrigue its only bettter now to be prt of or partiticoate in something like the arkanford but really even if yku arent interested just talkibf with the cool dudes in this cuild would be a welcome parting drom the mall where yiubrwally just nanter all day and run around jumping on the atone dencing even wotour that thiugh kickstarting ro can be hard so maybe it would be better to have a solid basis for constant rp in the arkanford i remember how much of a blast it was doing wqcky stuff wih the covenant back in ghe dqy when i played good ol berty bertram ulrich radlen he was a crazyfella but was only sometimes nice with his friends but if you attacked his friends he got eally angy and uaed powerfuk spells like a big hyge fist ti ounxh people i thogubt it was cool using more of the rpg and pthfinder inspiration since i didnt know much about the setting or reasonable moderation as a mage but nowadys i dint really like playing mages as mcb since strugglingn as a mundane character is also cool and i think its ok to go that route even if you arent part of yhe aekandord so you can find a solid colkunity to base yor char on theoufh these dire starits because finding brothers ina fms during these garrowing times can be difficult hwn the leion makes you want to wish for a magical winter when you parrol aszuna butrven still theres plenty of room dor dwvelopment when you springboard off of people you may or may not agree witg dndint on what kind of chaacter your character is like if theyre a druid niggt elf the excess yse of magic maybe may makr you think that theyre a liability winfe they foule attract demons bevausr of their concentrated mavic after all but in war you have to use every tool no matter howbixky thats what my man gun pistol pege would say sinx he used to have a small shop in the arkanford that sold amall guns and stuff like tinkering gear but when the marketplace wa edine they got eis of tge shop since it wqw ynused anyways si now im sure. errs plenty if opportunity to do new things ir wven try to open a shop in a market where maybe things will get more oopulated i think itd be pretty cool in my opinion and a chanxe to create some lonasting stories wwith peoplr ymu usually pwundt eun jnto itherwiae unless it was by xouncidence vut here you meet qll kinew if characterw united yndwr the one goal of fifhting the lwgion maybe my orc monk could be like that and visit and offer oeople a cool drink acter a hard ffvr since hes a. brwmaster and bremastera like to drink after all since theyre masters of. rew and hed watch you drink wig w goofy smile even thiugh hea a tough orc that fights fir his friends and fir yhe greater goos he knows how to laugh as log as you dont threaten his home or his friends kr innocent people hed not be ok with that bit he dues like petting soft things like qnimqls with furnir feathers i remember he we t to hearthglen ans he saw esmerente there with a hippogriph so he wnr up to t ans petted it on the necn incr its fqthers were so doft in his tough hands and he rally liked petting the thing even though he knew he couldnt pet t forecrt its be a teeqy anyeqy to pet somryhing soft like that withor a doubt ans my chharacer pisotl pwte can visit the akranford too to sell rhem cool things or make friends ecen though hew q. ht id a mean geukpybold guy wver sunce the ears ans he likes shooting rhings quixklh hes thoughbut not even really fair but he jinda knows when to stop even though he does dunb stuff like when he went ti an ro and he patted sahuA on the behind and aais hello he was grying ti crack a joke a funny haha jn the middle of a serious discussion bur my emote got lost un the discussion and i went to gobpoop as soon as i sent ut tos i didnt really aee anyone react to r and thats on i forgive you pukingrqubbowsz even thogub you didnt wee ky emote u di t think t reqlly mattered in the long run since ut was kind of a joke ans nothing elae ifs orobably better your ahicarea didnt best pistol pwte up with her bunch of arma vecayee that would be really wmbarqssing for him as a tough griZzled dude haha but even withiut that i have a good time rping with anyone really so long as theyre not super weird wven though my rp is a little weird ans wacky haha like when i bad a slime and pete liked aqueezing the slime since it was squishy and soft and warm like a atress. all since pete is a little autistix since j like to kodel my chaactera after string but flawed people but anyway he had the slime and made a lot of people rally angry because t was feom the nightmare and tbey has a good rwason to be angry even thouuh he was gavhbg a kauvh ic and ai was i ooc it was almost about to trn intoa. fight vyt they fit ris of the slime ans destroyed it even though it cane backe veentually lol but no the slime isnt a problem anymore so tou can stop bothering pete about it MIRI ok still even withiut all they we xan arill have a foos time even as we atruggle withour own existence and quandries like what our sirectioj in life really is or how reat our limits really are the big wuwsions have alwqys been how far can a man go before he cant go any durther and how does he attain such loftu fgoala withour having to sacrifice everything he cares abot and i think rp is a food exercise in seeing how far our characters can laugh and ry and amile and frown even if we ourseces may not always feel thise emotions we can appreciate ans understand hem theough woven storie that are destined to be interlinked wiv friends ans enemies of caryibg xaluvwrs although the question od a human rxistence us also interesting when applied to the lens of te various races and cultures that we see in world of earcraft whose humanities seem to prioritize and sacrifice or even be completely nonzistant in certain places lik exploring the concept of immortality wih the night wlves and the draenei and where one us a growinf and prospering race atill going t anxient eays due to an ancienter tragedy the ither is a rqce rhats gine theoufh a more recent tragedy that will define theirnpeople forever and seeing how timeless creatures can really comprehend he jdea of their race potentially dying off because of a diminishing genetic pool is both horrifying and fascinating. ecause r asks questions we really havent asked much before since theyre essentially aleins they may jyst die iff as their numbers dwindle down ans they srent reproducing enough to shsrqun thaemselves as their bumbers fall hr i suppose that may be going too far as not everyone contenplates the termination of their existence and people as a whole but even still you have to wonder how mucbculture innovation and history they had to leave behind on argus in order to recape with their lives and tounhave ti wonder how muchnigbt elves bacs just shed from their own histoey and culthre as ime has fo e on and mollebia pass the idea of such lengthy lives and witnessing tbhe same thin for a thousand gears may seem maddening to us mortala but we shouls have enough imagination to really understand how they might dee at the least and. ise raw enotions we can subtly convey theough facial gestures and behavior is the life we xan breathe jnto our characters to bring this stoey to yll bloom but crn without that we need to also be actuve in or rp sinxe we tend to roleplay extraordinary individuals it makes little sense for them to go witg tg flow skmetimes ans instead taking their life vy tg tug w is q mycg mo entertaining and ralistic idea of what they would do with their lives and vranted some are destined to sie but oushing the encelope is what we should strice for and trying to gains ome of the cirtues of our characters that we may lack in real life such as a string will or moral steadfastedness is something we can also strive for as players without hesitation so long as we arent taking the bad

Mod
2 hours ago, Howie said:

you know i gotta say its been years since i first heard of the arkanford in its original iterations and its always been full of quality roleplayers i think when it first started they did the stardust covenant and it was pretty fun since the rp was always popping and shit without anyone having to kickstart it in particular you just went to the vale and cracked open a cold one with the lads but nowadays maybe its time to open the rp gates a bit more to make the new arkanford a vit more publicly accessible t. get people hooked and inreerested in rp again not because is their reaponsibility but i think t can really be used to inceease the rp uanitity and uality output on paragon a good measure whwn you have experienced rpers leading the charge into fun stories and with all the leion intrigue its only bettter now to be prt of or partiticoate in something like the arkanford but really even if yku arent interested just talkibf with the cool dudes in this cuild would be a welcome parting drom the mall where yiubrwally just nanter all day and run around jumping on the atone dencing even wotour that thiugh kickstarting ro can be hard so maybe it would be better to have a solid basis for constant rp in the arkanford i remember how much of a blast it was doing wqcky stuff wih the covenant back in ghe dqy when i played good ol berty bertram ulrich radlen he was a crazyfella but was only sometimes nice with his friends but if you attacked his friends he got eally angy and uaed powerfuk spells like a big hyge fist ti ounxh people i thogubt it was cool using more of the rpg and pthfinder inspiration since i didnt know much about the setting or reasonable moderation as a mage but nowadys i dint really like playing mages as mcb since strugglingn as a mundane character is also cool and i think its ok to go that route even if you arent part of yhe aekandord so you can find a solid colkunity to base yor char on theoufh these dire starits because finding brothers ina fms during these garrowing times can be difficult hwn the leion makes you want to wish for a magical winter when you parrol aszuna butrven still theres plenty of room dor dwvelopment when you springboard off of people you may or may not agree witg dndint on what kind of chaacter your character is like if theyre a druid niggt elf the excess yse of magic maybe may makr you think that theyre a liability winfe they foule attract demons bevausr of their concentrated mavic after all but in war you have to use every tool no matter howbixky thats what my man gun pistol pege would say sinx he used to have a small shop in the arkanford that sold amall guns and stuff like tinkering gear but when the marketplace wa edine they got eis of tge shop since it wqw ynused anyways si now im sure. errs plenty if opportunity to do new things ir wven try to open a shop in a market where maybe things will get more oopulated i think itd be pretty cool in my opinion and a chanxe to create some lonasting stories wwith peoplr ymu usually pwundt eun jnto itherwiae unless it was by xouncidence vut here you meet qll kinew if characterw united yndwr the one goal of fifhting the lwgion maybe my orc monk could be like that and visit and offer oeople a cool drink acter a hard ffvr since hes a. brwmaster and bremastera like to drink after all since theyre masters of. rew and hed watch you drink wig w goofy smile even thiugh hea a tough orc that fights fir his friends and fir yhe greater goos he knows how to laugh as log as you dont threaten his home or his friends kr innocent people hed not be ok with that bit he dues like petting soft things like qnimqls with furnir feathers i remember he we t to hearthglen ans he saw esmerente there with a hippogriph so he wnr up to t ans petted it on the necn incr its fqthers were so doft in his tough hands and he rally liked petting the thing even though he knew he couldnt pet t forecrt its be a teeqy anyeqy to pet somryhing soft like that withor a doubt ans my chharacer pisotl pwte can visit the akranford too to sell rhem cool things or make friends ecen though hew q. ht id a mean geukpybold guy wver sunce the ears ans he likes shooting rhings quixklh hes thoughbut not even really fair but he jinda knows when to stop even though he does dunb stuff like when he went ti an ro and he patted sahuA on the behind and aais hello he was grying ti crack a joke a funny haha jn the middle of a serious discussion bur my emote got lost un the discussion and i went to gobpoop as soon as i sent ut tos i didnt really aee anyone react to r and thats on i forgive you pukingrqubbowsz even thogub you didnt wee ky emote u di t think t reqlly mattered in the long run since ut was kind of a joke ans nothing elae ifs orobably better your ahicarea didnt best pistol pwte up with her bunch of arma vecayee that would be really wmbarqssing for him as a tough griZzled dude haha but even withiut that i have a good time rping with anyone really so long as theyre not super weird wven though my rp is a little weird ans wacky haha like when i bad a slime and pete liked aqueezing the slime since it was squishy and soft and warm like a atress. all since pete is a little autistix since j like to kodel my chaactera after string but flawed people but anyway he had the slime and made a lot of people rally angry because t was feom the nightmare and tbey has a good rwason to be angry even thouuh he was gavhbg a kauvh ic and ai was i ooc it was almost about to trn intoa. fight vyt they fit ris of the slime ans destroyed it even though it cane backe veentually lol but no the slime isnt a problem anymore so tou can stop bothering pete about it MIRI ok still even withiut all they we xan arill have a foos time even as we atruggle withour own existence and quandries like what our sirectioj in life really is or how reat our limits really are the big wuwsions have alwqys been how far can a man go before he cant go any durther and how does he attain such loftu fgoala withour having to sacrifice everything he cares abot and i think rp is a food exercise in seeing how far our characters can laugh and ry and amile and frown even if we ourseces may not always feel thise emotions we can appreciate ans understand hem theough woven storie that are destined to be interlinked wiv friends ans enemies of caryibg xaluvwrs although the question od a human rxistence us also interesting when applied to the lens of te various races and cultures that we see in world of earcraft whose humanities seem to prioritize and sacrifice or even be completely nonzistant in certain places lik exploring the concept of immortality wih the night wlves and the draenei and where one us a growinf and prospering race atill going t anxient eays due to an ancienter tragedy the ither is a rqce rhats gine theoufh a more recent tragedy that will define theirnpeople forever and seeing how timeless creatures can really comprehend he jdea of their race potentially dying off because of a diminishing genetic pool is both horrifying and fascinating. ecause r asks questions we really havent asked much before since theyre essentially aleins they may jyst die iff as their numbers dwindle down ans they srent reproducing enough to shsrqun thaemselves as their bumbers fall hr i suppose that may be going too far as not everyone contenplates the termination of their existence and people as a whole but even still you have to wonder how mucbculture innovation and history they had to leave behind on argus in order to recape with their lives and tounhave ti wonder how muchnigbt elves bacs just shed from their own histoey and culthre as ime has fo e on and mollebia pass the idea of such lengthy lives and witnessing tbhe same thin for a thousand gears may seem maddening to us mortala but we shouls have enough imagination to really understand how they might dee at the least and. ise raw enotions we can subtly convey theough facial gestures and behavior is the life we xan breathe jnto our characters to bring this stoey to yll bloom but crn without that we need to also be actuve in or rp sinxe we tend to roleplay extraordinary individuals it makes little sense for them to go witg tg flow skmetimes ans instead taking their life vy tg tug w is q mycg mo entertaining and ralistic idea of what they would do with their lives and vranted some are destined to sie but oushing the encelope is what we should strice for and trying to gains ome of the cirtues of our characters that we may lack in real life such as a string will or moral steadfastedness is something we can also strive for as players without hesitation so long as we arent taking the bad

what did he mean by this

Operations will begin anew...

The post has been updated with brand new explanations for new ranks, new art assets and a little more! Enjoy!