Treasure Troves of the Thunder King

Developer

Treasure Troves of the Thunder King
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
3kSSRFV.jpg

What?

Okay, hear me out.
When you did the Treasure Troves of the Thunder King on Blizzard's servers, you might've enjoyed it.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, the basic concept is this: You get given five minutes to pillage the Throne of Thunder.
All from underneath the Thunder King's nose, and his servants, trolls, traps and saurok thieves, before his citadel's spires.
I'm sure you'd find a video out there that runs through the scenario. But now, I propose to you this:

You can do this event, acquire gold for your efforts, in a fairly well adopted version of the Treasure Troves.
Not only that, you can do it alone as it was originally made, or as a group of five people. Once a week. If you have a key.
There is a leaderboard that values how well you did, or how efficient your run was. Each chest drops Historical Parchments. Those are your overall points.
Now of course I would prefer you don't cheat. If I see any command use inside the Treasure Troves, you will be disqualified and your gold reward will be moot.

The Key can usually be found in fairly concealed Troves found around the island, but alternatively Dungeon Masters may award them
for good performance in an event. Armed with one, you will need to contact me and head to the Shado-Pan Hideout on the Isle of Thunder.
I'll know if it's a legit key or not, so don't try using .additem and being a cheeky little so and so.

And I know the server may lag, and the mechanics may seem cheap, wonky and out of place, as amateurish of a final product as it could be,
but everyone will be sharing in that regard, so it will all be balanced in the end. Don't think of it as a competition, think of it as a little fun game.
Have fun!

Scoring:

A maximum of 323 (343 as a group) points can be earned.

Reaching Tenwu: 5 points
Golden Treasure Chest: 3 points
Mogu Treasure Chest: 1 point

Achievements can only be awarded in Solo runs.

Solo Leaderboard:

70+
87: Akarian [2016-06-20]
86: Akarian [2016-06-12]
76: Akarian [2016-06-10]

50+
52: Alaana [2016-07-04]
50: Aethryne [2016-07-26]
50: Aethryne [2016-08-15]

30+
48: Aethryne [2016-06-24]
40: Alaana [2016-06-20]
37: Synadyre [2016-06-20]
36: Alaana [2016-06-27]
33: Myun [2016-06-14]
31: Celen [2016-06-12]
31: Menthe [2016-06-15]
30: Azagog [2016-06-10]
30: Menthe [2016-07-06]

10+
28: Menthe [2016-06-05]
27: Aethryne [2016-06-20]
26: Menthe [2016-06-09]
26: Laryssa [2016-07-09]
25: Synadyre [2016-06-12]
24: Azaogg [2016-06-14]
24: Azagog [2016-06-11]
16: Emalia [2016-08-07]

Participance Trophy

Group Leaderboard:

200+

150+

100+
125: Synadyre, Baile, Celen, Stratford, Laniria [2016-06-11]
111: Synadyre, Sinari, Malone, Kilgur, Runok [2016-06-16]
110: Aethryne, Alaana, Irine, Lyss, Jiuxian [2016-06-19]

50+
89: Damurak, Alythas, Nelina, Sinari, Druzlek [2016-06-04]
84: Nelina, Damurak, Clyde, Rhilik, Kilgur [2016-06-09]

Participance Trophy

Achievement Listing:

Speedrunner:
Reach the extraction point found by Tenwu in two minutes.

...and the Temple of the Thunder King:
Reach an extremely difficult area with Glorious Mogu Treasure Chests. There are four eligible locations.

Azagog, Aethryne

There and Back Again:
Reach the extraction point then return to the yellow mogu rune within a single Treasure Trove run.

Pillager:
Open ten golden chests within a single Treasure Trove run.

Akarian

Trigger Happy
Trigger a slow rune, fast rune, fire trap, frost trap, lightning trap, and be webbed, magnetic tugged
slowed by a watcher, slammed by a sentinel and zapped by a lightning pillar within a single Treasure Trove run.

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing
Lock yourself out from the final area.

The Treasure Troves will change every so often into a new layout with different chest locations, objects, routes and creature positions and patrols.
The top entrants for the previous versions will be listed below this break.

It's not that difficult to get a key. They can drop from the rares, they can be obtained from the golden treasure boxes (there's five that are scattered around the island at all times, spawned at random locations) and DMs who host events for the Isle of Thunder are allowed to infrequently hand them out.

All in all, they're a good reason to go out into the Isle and do things instead of just sitting in your faction's base.

Donator

Me and Chase already RPed in it, I like to think that your characters dream of it.

Donator

could i do it oocly as frog

Developer

You probably could Frog, I ain't bothered about that.

As for the event itself, it's a minigame but you do it ICly, just you don't get the time to emote. So instead of typing, make your actions be the emotes. I'm sure you can convey that through your emotes after the events done, and be able to retell how well it went.

Donator

I don't see much point to this, but alright.

Developer

Because it's a part of Isle of Thunder. Completely optional, and a very easy event for me to run - what, fifteen minutes?

I also enjoyed putting it together because half of what I did in there is what helps make Isle of Thunder more vivacious right now.

In other news, the first group gave it a try out today.

Very fun, I recommend giving it a try if you're hesitant. It's unusual for an RP setting but the minigame is interesting.

Developer
Just a bump - if you do actually get a key just poke me on Skype/Discord and I'll hop in game at the next earliest convenience to host the event for you.

Donator

Looking for it...

Donator

Something feels off about raz soloing it and getting so much.

Developer

Was totally legit. ;v

Mod speed 1, 100,000 health, no items, just like you guys.

Donator

Was totally legit. ;v

Yeaaahhh, I don't think any of that is the issue, Mr knows what the entire course looks like. Tis fine tho.

Donator

Was totally legit. ;v

Yeaaahhh, I don't think any of that is the issue, Mr knows what the entire course looks like. Tis fine tho.

I spectated. It was legit.

The course changes every now and then with chests in different places so it's not always the same.

Developer

Just to clarify incase that above remark is confusing - Troves of the Thunder King, the chests on the Isle of Thunder, have 60 set spawn locations and presently only 6 of them are ever spawned at any given time.

Inside the Treasure Troves of the Thunder King Scenario, all objects are always there. The only difference that could possibly exist between one run and the next is the position NPCs are at in their patrol when the gates open.

Developer
The group difficulty score increment has been lowered by 25, from the scores 50, 125, 200, 275 to 50, 100, 150, 200.